Boxster Tiptronic trans

Troubleshooter

Thanks Lee, nothing on their site but Ill call them Monday, you never know where it leads. I didn't know of them. I have 3 or 4 places to call and have found a couple of trans suitable O/S but want one from Oz if possible to cut the time frame in half. It's my girl's Coxster, may even unload it on the market with a blown trans, other than that the car is a good one. Can't be stuffed piddling around with it and time for an update anyways I think.

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Thanks for looking Lee. I'll ring Fitzy's and PCM to check the following - in my research it seems that even though the Tipper from '97 to '08 is a 5HP-19 Transmission, it goes something like this ....

there's one version for '97 to 02 Boxster,     a different version for 98 to 2000 911,     different version again for 2000 to 2002 C4 911,     different again for 2000 to 2002 C2 911,     again for the 996TT,     03 to 04 Boxster,      05 to 06 Boxster,      997TT,      997C4,    997C2      blah blah blah through to a different version for the 06 - 08 Cayman/Boxster 07 -08. My head is exploding!!

2 hours googling last night turned up only one in LA that suits

A can of unleaded and a match might be cheaper mate 😉

Seriously though, as annoying as it can be, its sometimes not a viable (sensible?) option to throw money at these things unless you or the lady is attached to it

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

A can of unleaded and a match might be cheaper mate 😉

Seriously though, as annoying as it can be, its sometimes not a viable (sensible?) option to throw money at these things unless you or the lady is attached to it

Nah I'm not attatched to it at all, she is. Hmmm has she been a good girl, earnt her brownie points? We may look at an early 981 ....if she's annoying me it'll be a 986       2.5       auto      import     beater

13 hours ago, Peter M said:

Can't have the one you have rebuilt?

I can but it'll probably take a month in all and I've been offhandedly told there will be no change from $6 or $7000 for the build plus another $1000 install etc .... and while it's out IMSbearing???? hmmmm another $3000.

Also add in, that never once in the history of the earth, has any large Porsche mechanical repair bill ended up with less than 20% added to the initial quoted $$$$$ total - just coz that's the way it is.... 

Archived