**Sold** 944 for sale; 1984 - 2nd owner(!) - Guards Red/Fuchs ~160k kms

***More pictures to come this weekend inc. interior***

**I may actually also do a video tour of the car to help out potential interstate buyers**

Hi everyone,

I've decided I should probably stop having too many cars & start saving for a house so the 944 really needs to go.

I bought the car around two years ago from it's original owner. Yep - a genuine one owner car for 33 years!

Manual gearbox & manual steering rack. Power sunroof.

The 15" Fuchs are original to the car and listed on the options sticker in the boot.

The timing belt/seals/etc were all done in late 2017. Many gaskets and all of the coolant hoses & vacuum lines are new. Genuine Beru ignition leads and a new Bosch coil. Every single electrical relay has been replaced with new genuine parts to make everything work reliably. Both crank angle sensors are new genuine Bosch parts.

The clutch has been replaced with a spring centre unit a few thousand KM ago.

There's a brand new hatch seal and the tail lights have been properly resealed with the original black tar gunk.

The body is very nice and the paint looks great; but there are a couple of tiny nicks around it and it needs a new rear bumper cover as it's had a bit of a knock at some stage. It's a stunner of a car from any angle though.

Interior is less great but completely usable. Chocolate over beige-ish colour combo. Dash has the usual fleet of cracks. Carpets would benefit from a good clean(but the new, matching, fitted floor mats are in perfect shape). Driver's seat fabric is separating from the bolsters on the lower squab - other seats are perfect.

Most of the lights and switches work. The odometer works. Windows are quite fast and enthusiastic- no problems there.

Air conditioning works well, surprisingly.

The tyres have plenty of tread. The battery is new. There's even a spare DME relay in the glovebox. It's pretty much a turn-key-and-go car at this stage!

I have a Dansk stainless steel sports exhaust - brand new - which has never been fitted which I'll include with the car if the buyer wants it. Apparently they sound amazing but I just wasn't motivated enough to bother putting it on(maybe I'm just getting old).

Fully registered in NSW until November. Plates are currently "16BIT", I'll probably leave those on there.

Located in the Illawarra area.

All things being considered I'm inclined to ask $15,000 for it.

Will be up on Carsales soon but figured I'd offer it here first.

Any questions, ask away!20180916_164252.thumb.jpg.0978ffaf6f69ae8962ec52a4056473d3.jpg

20180915_221455.jpg

20180915_221612.jpg

20180917_035619.jpg

2 hours ago, Zacc said:

Would you sell the Dansk separately? 

Hi Zacc, it will be offered for sale separately if the eventual buyer of the car doesn't want it(which is quite possible as the original exhaust is in perfect shape anyway).

21 hours ago, floorprawn said:

Hi Zacc, it will be offered for sale separately if the eventual buyer of the car doesn't want it(which is quite possible as the original exhaust is in perfect shape anyway).

No worries, fingers crossed then.

Good luck with the sale, looks very tidy and well priced. 

54 minutes ago, Airhead said:

How old are the last group of pics? Different No. plate from 1st pic.

Ad says rego has changed to 16 BIT so probably more recent 

Thank f@#k for that as I was trying to find a new excuse that I haven't used to please ( she saw right through the old "bought it for our daughter excuse, she is 13 years old after I bought the Boxster 😁 ) the missus for buying another Porsche but I kept coming up empty handed.

Archived