Cayman GTS in Targa North West

I think this almost sounds better than than the GT3RS - more PCTas members - Peter Nunn (driving) Keith Johnston (co-driver).  Very impressive car but being superceded by something even more special for Targa Tas this year......

Damn that sounds good! Mad bastard too! 😲 

Heard a couple of GT4 Clubsports at the Adelaide motorsport festival which also sounded better than most other Porsches there. 

Just did a back to back comparison with the GT3RS clip, definitely think the GTS sounds better!!!

And @LeeM, Nunny's not a mad bastard, he just drives very well!!!  His occupation is rally car prep, so he knows what to do to set up a car to get the best out of it.  Suspect the suspension and settings in this car is very different to what you'll find in other Caymans......

Reminds me of a feature in GT Porsche magazine a couple of issues ago about Targa Great Barrier Reef - the writer was piloting a Carmine Red 718 Cayman GTS and describes Stage 2 as being 12 miles or 20 kilometres long with 263 corners and an 800 metre elevation change up the Gillies Highway - article goes on to describe the longest straight in the entire rally as 100 metres long. Sounds punishing for car, tyres, brakes, driver and navigator.

11 minutes ago, nytelfer said:

Reminds me of a feature in GT Porsche magazine a couple of issues ago about Targa Great Barrier Reef - the writer was piloting a Carmine Red 718 Cayman GTS and describes Stage 2 as being 12 miles or 20 kilometres long with 263 corners and an 800 metre elevation change up the Gillies Highway - article goes on to describe the longest straight in the entire rally as 100 metres long. Sounds punishing for car, tyres, brakes, driver and navigator.

Plenty of tarmac rally stages here in Vic with 98% corner ratios and some go for 40+kms! I remember finishing one such stage in my first rally experience and noticing several cars at the following staging with spew down the passenger side of the car.................Definitely not suited for those with a weak stomach. 

Archived