Look who’s back

save-new-13.jpg?w=1536

Who would have thought that a small shunt from behind from a ‘P’ Plater on my way to a PFA coffee meet could have resulted in almost 12 weeks off the road. Not all bad news, managed to score new Headers & Cats, Engine Mounts, rear bumper, tailgate and spoiler. Guys at Charlie Battisti did the usual amazing job ,  photo does the car no justice how good the paint looks. Off to Darren at Autocoupe for a service next and then hitting the B-roads on the weekend... need to run in the new exhaust... my excuse anyway.

2 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Looking good! You may have posted this before, but who are you insured with and how was the experience? Great that you were able to choose them and they weren't back logged for 12months! Happy motoring!

Hi Peter... I’m with Shannon’s but choose not to engage them at all. I went through her insurance directly which was RACV and let Charli Battisti deal with them. Luckily Battisti are a main repairer for RACV so they agreed to everything.  They even gave me a new X-Trail for 11 weeks to use... brilliant.  

2 minutes ago, Tintin Audio said:

I’m with Shannon’s but choose not to engage them at all

Smart idea, as it probably would have taken twice as long to be repaired! 😡

7 hours ago, Mike737 said:

Looking good Alan. Decent amount of extras you picked up on your way out of the body shop. Which exhaust did you end up getting?

Thanks Mike. The mufflers are Cargraphic and the headers and cats are OEM from Porsche. The surprise was the way the car feels on new engine mounts, didn’t expect it to feel so lively at the back 👍

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Even though painful for you it has confirmed that my prefered choice of repairer based on research is indeed a quality repairer. I hope I never have to meet them!!

Congratulations on getting it back and it looks fantastic in the photos.

Archived