TAYCAN EV . Damn.....I hate progress......

Niko

5 hours ago, Raven said:

screw progress and stick with the classic Porsche ,s of old ,,,I am honestly not interested in EV,s and am in many ways very disappointed the manufacturer I love so much with such a rich motor racing history is going down this path .....sorry just not for me :wacko:

Yep 👍👏👏👏

On 11/04/2019 at 20:16, YellowDieselGolf said:

I hate that the Taycan doesn't have the wide rear hips and suicide doors of the Mission E.  Otherwise . . . 👍

Looks wise, it's closer to the Panamera than the Mission E. To say I'm disappointed is would be an understatement. 

I Agree JV it dosn,t even look good ..............:wacko: I am certain this car will be a revolution in the EV car world and not doubt reset the bench mark ,,way over the Tesla products ,,,just wish the car had more of original Mission E look about it ..????

"With no engine up front (or at the back) Taycan drivers won't have to deal with the noise or vibration that an internal combustion engine inherently produces."
But what about tyre roar? No doubt the jornalists will be taken to a smooth track for promo purposes.
And then , if it is indeed quiet as ...

MEH!
That's not fun is it?

"Porsche is big on authenticity and it sounds like an electric car because that’s what it is. The strategy will be to engineer out as much of the whines and whirrs of these very early prototypes so that there is minimal noise. It’s ‘the luxury of silence’ as one Porsche person put it to me. I expect we’ll hear rather a lot of that particular sound bite in the near future. Oddly enough, there will be an additional and optional ‘sound pack’ customers can choose."

Sound pack = piped flat 6 or Michael Angelo Batio?

Old man's car I reckon :lol:

Re Porsche entering the EV market, this isn't a matter of choice for them (or any other manufacturer). They have to or they are out of the car business. 

Re Taycan, we are still looking at mules. I'm over the disappointment that it isn't a Mission E - we knew that a year ago. I'm expecting the Taycan will look better than a Panamera (OK, no great achievement) but the car should be a better drive than the Tesla Model S and have a much nicer interior. It also has the financial strength of VAG behind it unlike the precarious Tesla. I thought my Model S was an amazing car and I miss it some days. I'll get a Taycan but I don't expect it to replace a 911.

There was an interesting read on the electric future of Porsche in the AFR this weekend. Mine's made it's way to the recycling but I think it was a long weekend edition so if you are browsing in a Newsagent tomorrow it should still be there (and online of course).