Niko

TAYCAN EV . Damn.....I hate progress......

I'm gunna buy one. Get a personalised plate for it too.

LIAM

I’m not sure that 1900’s tech is progress😁

Once the wife grows sick of her macan this will replace it. If we were ordering in 12 months it would have been a Taycan and not a Macan S.

Its sister car the Audi GT will also be on the radar. 

screw progress and stick with the classic Porsche ,s of old ,,,I am honestly not interested in EV,s and am in many ways very disappointed the manufacturer I love so much with such a rich motor racing history is going down this path .....sorry just not for me :wacko:

5 hours ago, Raven said:

screw progress and stick with the classic Porsche ,s of old ,,,I am honestly not interested in EV,s and am in many ways very disappointed the manufacturer I love so much with such a rich motor racing history is going down this path .....sorry just not for me :wacko:

Yep 👍👏👏👏

I'm sure it's going to be a nice car and sell well but to me it looks like a 4 door Subaru BRZ from the side (yes I know it's still got some camouflage on it).

On 11/04/2019 at 20:16, YellowDieselGolf said:

I hate that the Taycan doesn't have the wide rear hips and suicide doors of the Mission E.  Otherwise . . . 👍

Looks wise, it's closer to the Panamera than the Mission E. To say I'm disappointed is would be an understatement. 

I Agree JV it dosn,t even look good ..............:wacko: I am certain this car will be a revolution in the EV car world and not doubt reset the bench mark ,,way over the Tesla products ,,,just wish the car had more of original Mission E look about it ..????

"With no engine up front (or at the back) Taycan drivers won't have to deal with the noise or vibration that an internal combustion engine inherently produces."
But what about tyre roar? No doubt the jornalists will be taken to a smooth track for promo purposes.
And then , if it is indeed quiet as ...

MEH!
That's not fun is it?

"Porsche is big on authenticity and it sounds like an electric car because that’s what it is. The strategy will be to engineer out as much of the whines and whirrs of these very early prototypes so that there is minimal noise. It’s ‘the luxury of silence’ as one Porsche person put it to me. I expect we’ll hear rather a lot of that particular sound bite in the near future. Oddly enough, there will be an additional and optional ‘sound pack’ customers can choose."

Sound pack = piped flat 6 or Michael Angelo Batio?

Old man's car I reckon :lol:

13 hours ago, Raven said:

reset the bench mark ,,way over the Tesla products

At a much higher price no doubt. 

Looks s..t