THE BEST CERAMIC COATINGS from CAR BIBLES

Niko

41 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

@JB and other gurus.  How can you definitively tell if a car has previously been ceramic coated?  I suspect our 981 Boxster may well have been  done in the past, but am unsure if there is any definitive way to tell.  If it was, I would expect it would have been done by the P dealer from new 5 1/2 years ago).  I haven't done a full clay or polish (doesn't seem to need it) but have been using Meguiars Quick Wax after I have washed the car.

thanks

I’d say if it’s 5 years old I’d be surprised if it’s still there. However it all comes down to how the car/coating has been looked after, and how the car has lived. Water beading on a coating will typically uniform sizes and shapes Irregular water blobs mean that there is very little, if any, coating. Water should dissipate off the duco very quickly and have a uniform round shape. The water It should not ‘sheet’ and sit across the duco.  A lot of experienced guys can feel if there’s a coating on the car, but for guys in the industry there’s a few key markers we look for as a lot of people tell us their car has a coating, and it doesn’t.

if your not in Melbourne take a video of spraying your car with the hose I’ll try to let you know what’s on there.

cheers

On 19/05/2019 at 20:32, JB said:

I’d say if it’s 5 years old I’d be surprised if it’s still there. However it all comes down to how the car/coating has been looked after, and how the car has lived. Water beading on a coating will typically uniform sizes and shapes Irregular water blobs mean that there is very little, if any, coating. Water should dissipate off the duco very quickly and have a uniform round shape. The water It should not ‘sheet’ and sit across the duco.  A lot of experienced guys can feel if there’s a coating on the car, but for guys in the industry there’s a few key markers we look for as a lot of people tell us their car has a coating, and it doesn’t.

if your not in Melbourne take a video of spraying your car with the hose I’ll try to let you know what’s on there.

cheers

Thanks JB, I'll do on Sunday if I get the chance

On 26/04/2019 at 09:12, Niko said:

Otherwise stick with the AUTOGLYM Extra gloss protection instead.  Either are very very good in my opinion

FYI if u are a Repco vip or join for free they are doing an online sale of Autoglym if it’s your preferred finishes today I believe

https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/autoglym/c/1379177815?cid=email-2019_5_20_VIPSALEAUS&dm_i=4MG3,Y74,M9U1R,2JKG,1

4 hours ago, Tips said:

FYI if u are a Repco vip or join for free they are doing an online sale of Autoglym if it’s your preferred finishes today I believe

https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/autoglym/c/1379177815?cid=email-2019_5_20_VIPSALEAUS&dm_i=4MG3,Y74,M9U1R,2JKG,1

Thanks Tips, I better do a quick stock take.

Just reading through the thread etc and wanted to ask if it is common for people to apply wax over their ceramic coatings. I thought applying wax reduces the effectiveness of the coating?

On the detailing front I have come across a number of various suppliers and use detail central, waxit, car care products and a bulk supplier of microfibre cloths, microfibrecloths.com.au. 

Anyone use the Angelwax Enigma wax? It produces an amazing deep finish on dark cars its simply amazing. Have yet to wax the GTS but have done a number of other cars with it including a bus of a Q7.

12 hours ago, ArthurK said:

Just reading through the thread etc and wanted to ask if it is common for people to apply wax over their ceramic coatings. I thought applying wax reduces the effectiveness of the coating?

I use Aquawax over mine.  Works well.  Not aware of it having a negative impact on my coating (Opticoat)