Harold996tt

Instant Love- The Fitzy Mobile

Great to meet you at Dak Dak and talk Fitzy.

I knew him back in 1978 in his early days of racing Porsche's and he really knows how to set them up and drive them from 944 Turbo's to the latest GT cars. When the Porsche Museum lets you drive one of their 356's in the Tassie Targa  you know you have respect !

Enjoy the drive of a piece of his history.

Congrats @Harold996tt.  I can remember that car going around.  It must be awesome to be a custodian of such a beast.  

Thanks for sharing.... please feel free to keep sharing via PFA, as some of us (older/lazier buggers) can't be arsed with other social media platforms!

Would love to hear your thoughts once you've had a chance to have a serious drive of it.

1 hour ago, 9fan said:

Great to meet you at Dak Dak and talk Fitzy.

I knew him back in 1978 in his early days of racing Porsche's and he really knows how to set them up and drive them from 944 Turbo's to the latest GT cars. When the Porsche Museum lets you drive one of their 356's in the Tassie Targa  you know you have respect !

Enjoy the drive of a piece of his history.

Thanks so much mate and for turning up to Dak Dak. It was an absolute pleasure talking to you about all your racing escapades and your continued driving exploits!! He really is a legend and I feel that the younger generation just don't get educated enough about all the old greats of Australian motorsport from Sir Jack through to Jim Richard sand Fitzy. Definitely look forward to catching up again soon my friend. 

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Congrats @Harold996tt.  I can remember that car going around.  It must be awesome to be a custodian of such a beast.  

Thanks for sharing.... please feel free to keep sharing via PFA, as some of us (older/lazier buggers) can't be arsed with other social media platforms!

Would love to hear your thoughts once you've had a chance to have a serious drive of it.

Thankyou very much Rick it really is something I hold dear to my heart given these were my champs when I was a young driver. And this car is truly iconic to me. Will definitely continue to share on this forum as it was a result of this forum that I found the car. Hahah I'm only a recent convert to Instagram myself since I got a little more time post semi-retirement. Figure taking photos of cars isnt such a bad hobby. 

20 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Good on ya Harold - happy days!

Cheers mate. Can't wait to finally get her out on a proper drive. 

On 13/05/2019 at 09:00, Harold996tt said:

As luck would have it, I reached out to two forum members, @James P who helped me understand better the regulations around the Nations Cup cars so I would have some idea what to ask for, 

Great story was looking at that car daily wishing I could do it but alas not in this decades budget.

+1 for forum members help, inspiration and information. found the same when buying my 911 recently, with @James Pinstrumental in some great sideline coaching and spotting it come up early one morning. 

On 14/05/2019 at 13:58, Tips said:

Great story was looking at that car daily wishing I could do it but alas not in this decades budget.

+1 for forum members help, inspiration and information. found the same when buying my 911 recently, with @James Pinstrumental in some great sideline coaching and spotting it come up early one morning. 

Thanks very much. How the forum members helped and the Melbourne crowd came together for the car was insane and added hugely to the memories to be added to the car. Heck I've barely driven it and it already has some of the best memories of all the cars thanks to the huge hearts and character of the Porsche community.