Four 911s on the Autobahn

• 7 months later...

I was there a couple of weeks ago. One time running at 160 - 180ks, moving out passing etc slipping back to middle or far right lane depending on traffic. 2 992s went past left lane - made me look like I was going backwards.

A number of times running at 140 - 160ks in the middle lane and being passed by bloody white vans running faster!!

Then there was the traffic crawls for 10 - 11 ks when there was a hold up. Best one being a truck carrying BMWs :( had a big one and tore the front of it. Took 50 mins to get past that one.

4 hours ago, motoent said:

Wow, where did you do that?  280 is hard to come by!  Did you drive at night?

On the way to Nurburgring between Aachen and Kerpen. It was around around 12pm/midday. Got lucky with a clear stretch.

And its not the fastest I have been on the Autobahn. Pulled 291kph in my 991.2 GT3 a couple of years ago on the way back from Leipzig.

IMG_2493.jpg

On 08/01/2020 at 22:24, TwoHeadsTas said:

Hope it was a passenger taking that photo!!!  Think I would have had both hands firmly welded to the wheel at that speed!!!!!😱

I am pretty sure those are pictures of the stats stored in the car's computer taken after the trip.

Anyway, 290 km/h (= over 180 mph) is insanely fast.  You have to be able to see very far ahead, and every turn - no matter how wide - starts feeling tight.

Impressive!