What should I pay for a 964 donor car?

I think u will struggle to get a 964 under 80 .. If you want a C2 Targa let me know .. but ain’t gonna be a Resto price not talking $ on the forum , you may however get a good recovery of dollars on the engine which is at 53,000 kms , it maybe too good for what u need , I may have a contact for a high mileage coupe .. but still maybe 90 plus , I’m away for the weekend but drop me a PM 

22 hours ago, turboT said:

That is amazing news. I looked at ordering one about 4 yrs ago (when they were $350K and the dollar was near parity...). Even bought a donor (when you could pick up a good Aussi car for $60k...). But at the time it was impossible to import and no one had resolved the tax implications. 

If you haven't had the factory tour its well worth it if you are in LA. Some very funky interior colour combinations going on it that place. 

still a 2 year wait?

On 23/05/2019 at 14:31, Pilko said:

I'm not looking for a write-off, I need a straight shell. Something in my favour is that the colour, gearbox and sunroof options are unimportant to me. I have some time before my slot in the Singer schedule however (if the car is roadworthy) I would like to drive it for a month or two before it goes on the boat.

And did Damon/Singer solve the 1 year turn around issue (something about the car being out of the country for more than a year was triggering LCT, GST or some other cost)?

14 hours ago, itsujack said:

And did Damon/Singer solve the 1 year turn around issue (something about the car being out of the country for more than a year was triggering LCT, GST or some other cost)?

Damon has moved on from Singer as you know. Last time we spoke they were only just pushing out 25 cars a year but were aiming to double that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 23/05/2019 at 04:21, Coastr said:

You could look for imports which are priced lower or maybe an ex race car?

i assume this is happening because of the upcoming import changes in Dec, which IIRC had a carve out for restorations done OS. 

The changes also means other market cars could be in your frame  for your source car - all UK/HK/NZ 964s were not importable previously unless personal imports, whereas after Dec 2019 all 964s are importable under the new rolling 25 year rule.  Makes no sense to pay the aust delivered tax on a donor car if you ask me.  Just have to watch out for rust on UK cars.  Unfortunately most JP cars are LHD but you might get lucky in the auctions.

So, a Singer that is also a Dirty Import??

On 28/06/2019 at 03:01, Pilko said:

I eventually bought the car linked to above. It’s really too good to use as a donor, so still interested in any cheap, tired 964 that comes up. 

There was a fellow here that had a red one that was a WOVR and sold quickly around the $65k mark if i recall, about 12 months ago. He might be able to put you in touch with the new owner who might be inclined to sell for the right money.

• 5 months later...