911 Snake

The G.O.R back roads

Hi All,

Recently have been spending weekends down Lorne way and have been enjoying a few morning drives up and down the GOR (Angelsea to Apollo Bay mostly).

While the GOR is an amazing rd, are there any recommendations on great drives just off it that are a little less populated that people have experienced?

cheers,

I haven't driven it in many years but Skenes Creek to Forrest was a cracker of a road that I remember well.  

I like the deans marsh - lorne road that takes you right into lorne. I think you get on it at Winchelsea.

Goes past the site where they have the Rock above the falls festival I believe.

John Orchard (polorot) is your man for local knowledge, we did a fantastic run around that area last Sunday. Perfect roads for our cars that’s for sure.

Geelong> Moriac> Dean's Marsh > Lorne

Geelong> Moriac> Den Marsh > Forrest> Apollo Bay

These are the main two runs. there are a few others the further West you go

The back road run to Port Campbell is nice but to get there you go past Colac. The roads around Cobden and Scotts Creek etc

Moriac> Deans Marsh > Lorne 

Also worth a thought when heading that way over summer, as that seems to avoid most of the bottle necks at Angelsea and approach to Lorne.

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations. 

Sounds like a Aireys Inlet - Lorne - Deans Marsh - Winchelsea loop is in order in the coming weekends :CoolDance:

Capture.JPG

Just spent 3 days in the area based in Colac (did 770ks) on back roads and didn't touch GOR once. No traffic and heaps of fun.

5 hours ago, Airhead said:

Just spent 3 days in the area based in Colac (did 770ks) on back roads and didn't touch GOR once. No traffic and heaps of fun.

There was a post on fb about a bunch of porsches getting pulled over down that way. 🤔

14 minutes ago, grantmr said:

There was a post on fb about a bunch of porsches getting pulled over down that way. 🤔

Not me mate. I was a good boy and not with the Wing club wankers.