Discussions with the Constabulary...

On 17/06/2019 at 12:57, JV911 said:

You fared better than me then. I pulled into a roadside RBT recently and after blowing 0.00, two of them went over the car with a fine-toothed comb trying to pick defects.

They eventually settled on the roll cage. I explained (politely) that it is of course a factory option and registered as a two seater. Despite not having an infringement since the mid-90s, they ticked the "defect" box on the infringement notice...right beside the "warning" box. 

PITA having to go to an inspection station with proof that the cage was an option, then to the RTA to clear the "defect" within a two week period.

I had a very similar experience weekend before last. Driving home from a hill climb in my red car I went through a massive "long weekend" road block they had set up. They made me do 2 RBT's, blew 0.00 twice, then they made me pull over for drug testing. Whilst I was being drug tested (20mins!) I had 3 x officers go over my car, log book, drivers licence - everything. Drug test was negative so they then turned to my car...................Fortunately I was able to engage in conversation with one of them and despite them questioning several items on my car they finally let me leave without a fine. 

I respect that they are just doing their job but its their impolite and interrogating manner of how they treated me that left me quite upset from the whole situation. The fact that I was the only car pulled over for a drug test out of the 50 or so cars that went past in the 20 or so mins didn't help. Profiling at its finest. 

34 minutes ago, hugh said:

I had a very similar experience weekend before last. Driving home from a hill climb in my red car I went through a massive "long weekend" road block they had set up. They made me do 2 RBT's, blew 0.00 twice, then they made me pull over for drug testing. Whilst I was being drug tested (20mins!) I had 3 x officers go over my car, log book, drivers licence - everything. Drug test was negative so they then turned to my car...................Fortunately I was able to engage in conversation with one of them and despite them questioning several items on my car they finally let me leave without a fine. 

I respect that they are just doing their job but its their impolite and interrogating manner of how they treated me that left me quite upset from the whole situation. The fact that I was the only car pulled over for a drug test out of the 50 or so cars that went past in the 20 or so mins didn't help. Profiling at its finest. 

You got the treatment huh ….It's the cap or the beanie Hugh:ph34r:

On 14/06/2019 at 21:43, LeeM said:

Ask @Stew F about his neighbours dobbing him in to plod for speeding in his noisy sports car 😁

Saw you in the Mclaren coming towards us on Sunday morning driving like a lunatic as usual 😁 😉 

Fortunately, he knows me better than that.  He also said, "it wasn't anyone at your end of the street", so it' wasn't an immediate neighbour.

34 minutes ago, Stew F said:

Fortunately, he knows me better than that.  He also said, "it wasn't anyone at your end of the street", so it' wasn't an immediate neighbour.

I can hear you from my joint ya hoon!