Niko

MEGUIRS HYBRID CERAMIC WAX

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons and to complicate the the conventional wax Vs Ceramic Coating/wax issue even further....

This product has just turned up on my REPCO page.   

Anyone tried it?    Be interested in reports if anyone does try it out.

.Looks like it is applied in the same manner as the AQUAWAX is applied.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/meguiars/meguiar-s-hybrid-ceramic-spray-wax-768ml-g190526/p/A5440525?cid=email-2019_20_6_JUNE2CATAUS

Very first application yes Niko, very similar, it's the subsequent applications that I can't seem to fathom the effectiveness, but I am very intrigued. How does spritzing it on sparsely and then pressure washing it off have any affect? I was watching a clip on someone demonstrating the method and when I saw the maintenance steps, I thought WTF? HOW?!!

I have used this, was pretty good.   About a month after Bowden's Own came out with a similar product which I put over this...Now that left a pretty impressive finish.  Not sure if having the two layered gave a great result or if the bowdens happy ending is superior.

I've got it on my car at the moment, and not sure about it yet - especially at the price. 

The initial application was not as easy as they make it sound. I found it really difficult and time consuming, involving many dry microfibre cloths to get a clear, streak free finish. In fact, I'm sure that even now I'd be able to find some evidence still... a black car doesn't help though. 

It has only been on for a couple of weeks, and car hasn't been wet yet, so jury is out regarding longevity. 

Shine is reasonable, but nothing remarkable. 

So jury still out for me whether I'd purchase again or not. Will be interested to see how it fares once I get to the maintenance cycle. 

I havent used this product ,,,but am not a fan of Aquawax either ,,,I do not like spraying something on a wet car and then wiping it off,,just wasnt happy with the end result and felt it was a waist of time .

I get much better results from machine polishing a dried car and applying wax and sealers after ,,,,my car is Black so it shows every imperfection if you get it wrong ...

Still interested to hear if anyone has positive result with this product ..

I just watched the latest White Detailing video and Jim White had a car in (new A35) where the owner had used a similar product.  The end result was not good.  Jim's advice was avoid using the product.  It seems a little different to Aquawax as you apply and then rinse off this newer product.  

14 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I just watched the latest White Detailing video and Jim White had a car in (new A35) where the owner had used a similar product.  The end result was not good.  Jim's advice was avoid using the product.  It seems a little different to Aquawax as you apply and then rinse off this newer product.  

I think I will save my money by the comments.   Stick with Aquawax me thinks.   Also that second stage of squirting it on and then water hosing it off????

Although I think he says in the posted video that you don't have to do that phase.

16 hours ago, Raven said:

I havent used this product ,,,but am not a fan of Aquawax either ,,,I do not like spraying something on a wet car and then wiping it off,,just wasnt happy with the end result and felt it was a waist of time .

I get much better results from machine polishing a dried car and applying wax and sealers after ,,,,my car is Black so it shows every imperfection if you get it wrong ...

Still interested to hear if anyone has positive result with this product ..

Sorry you're not a fan of Aqaua wax  Raven, I have the Basalt Black and really happy with the result of using it.    

I find it very easy to use, sure a few microfibre cloths involved but that's no big deal.   

Not sure if what I have bolded there is exactly what you are doing....

My procedure is ......The car should be washed properly first with whatever car wash you use, and then once washed and rinsed off... that's when you apply the Aquawax. .... While the vehicle is still wet.  Then microfibre it in, with the water droplets, and continue to dry off with as many microfibres as it takes...One panel at a time...

My method with Aquawax is same as Niko then with one microfibre cloth spray each wet panel and use the one cloth over the whole car so as the one cloth has excess spray captured.  I only wring out the cloth once or twice when really soaked.  I then have a car that is 80 - 90% dry.  I then use a second dry cloth to buff and final dry the car.  End result always good.

12 hours ago, Mike737 said:

For the long explanation on what the Meguiars ceramic wax is https://youtu.be/6Vr0TN0xt1w

TLDR version: use it to top up a ceramic coating to even out the surface.

long explanation is right.    I had a nanny nap while he was explaining.    

Think I will still stick with my current procedures.

Thanks for posting Mike

Good spray wax comparison here....... Might be useful to some.

Thanks for posting that.    Judging by the comments below that clip TURTLE WAX ICE seems to be the biggest vote winner.

Good demo.

Although thats spray on waxws, the hybric ceramis is a sio2 product which he doesnt cover.

This could be a more applicable video -