Final production images Taycan

Raven

Some spy shots that have surfaced... I think (hope!) what look like tail lights are, when you zoom in, just tape acting as camouflage...

I assume these are official "leaks" ... nice idea to park a Model 3 here to make the much nicer lower profile of the Taycan stand out! 😁

D-fR7gZXoAA6cVI.jpeg

D-fmtHNWsAE7ECM.jpeg

22 hours ago, JWM said:

Some spy shots that have surfaced.

D-fR7gZXoAA6cVI.jpeg

D-fmtHNWsAE7ECM.jpeg

ATTENTION. ATTENTION. NEW EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT.

CARS AND CHARGING MEET UP COMING SOON TO A ROADSIDE STOP NEAR YOU.

P.S. Bring own coffee.

3 hours ago, JV911 said:

I don't think the rear lights are quite big enough...

Those freakin lights are laughable, design team should be sacked. I guess they have to fit some stupid fuchin EU standard for 1% of the population in Brussels or somewhere who may not be able to see a normal light from 50 paces

4 hours ago, JV911 said:
I don't think the rear lights are quite big enough...

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Those freakin lights are laughable, design team should be sacked. I guess they have to fit some stupid fuchin EU standard for 1% of the population in Brussels or somewhere who may not be able to see a normal light from 50 paces

Not 100% sure, but I think those "lights" are mostly camouflage... On the side you can see at least a fair chunk of it is just red tape?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You get a better look at what's fake and not in this video. Few more details but most of the details still under embargo it seems. He does 30x 0-200kph launches in it to prove it's repeatability... I assume a Tesla can't...? Always remember people saying that was the difference between a Nissan GTR and a 911 Turbo. Nissan would leave its gearbox on the ground after a few hard runs where as the Turbo could do it all day.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks a bit pedestrian in the flesh. I've seen them both, and there is no comparison. The Misson E looks a lot better. The back gave me Panamera vibes for some reason (even though they are very different). I was standing there trying to come up with what was off about it, and it popped into my head 'squat Panamera'.

Don't get me wrong, it still looks good, just another one of those 'what might have been' cars.

Being a child of the 80s and early 90s, there was a time where everything was badged 'turbo'. Do you remember that? I even had a walkman at one point which was the 'turbo' model - presumably something to do with how fast it rewound? I know the family vacuum was also badged 'turbo'.

strictly speaking I can handle a vacuum with turbo on it.  There's a chance some sort of turbine is involved.

An electric car with turbo?  Are they that short on imagination?  Are modern porsche customers that stupid?

We have an electric car with turbo badging and the base models with turbos and no turbo badging. Bizarro world indeed.

Here's the thing - i don't mind the sound of electric cars.  It's different.  They have a different power delivery and a different drive feel.  So build the car around that.  Don't try and make marketing links back to your petrol range.  Don't make the mistake of thinking that car buyers won't buy something that doesn't sound or look like their old car.

Seems like only BMW has picked up this message and made and marketed their i-cars completely differently.  Because they are different.

Slapping a turbo badge on a car without an exhaust or induction is one effective late-night comedian joke away from trashing your entire investment.