The Real 911, one for the purists

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

desismileys_4427.gif

That's not fair, us Boxster people can't take the piss out of anyone.

You could take the piss out of the other hairdressers that drive Boxsters :rolleyes:

and good choice of BW for this months avatar like his work.

cheers

Steve

Ps love the air cooled cars but would be happy to step into anything with the porsche badge on it,

You could take the piss out of the other hairdressers that drive Boxsters :rolleyes:

Ouch.

And tribalism raises its ugly head once again....... I could keep going but I have to go and trim my fringe.

I figure ppl can say whatever they want about my car, whether they are non Porsche ppl or ppl who drive other variants because I'm the extremely happy guy who has to drive it/live with it/pay for it, and I LOVE it :D

When I win the lotto I will go from being a Porsche owner to a Porsche collector and I will have to win the lotto to get my hands on a genuine 930 slant nose I have always lusted after, and a 935 to go racing in and a ...

Agree with your thoughts cyberpunky, but the old Boxster gets a bum deal.

"Traditionalist" Porsche owners seem to forget if it wasn't for the release of the Boxster, the P brand would more than likely not exist.

yeah it is an entry level car into the marque but for a normal Joe of the street the price of a used Boxster (i paid 65k for mine 5 years ago) is a lot cheaper than what the majority of P drivers own. Entry level or not that was/is a lot of money to me. But what a car. All the mod cons, handles like a dream without any suspension or performance mods, I know I can go from point a to point b with a 99% chance of getting there no matter where it is without a problem.

It was 28* today, I dropped the roof, put the misses in the passenger seat and off over the black spur, reefton run, the climb up to Lake Mountain, back down to Marysville and home to mornington peninsula, not sparing the neddies, (but not SMT pace) 300k not a rattle, no mechanical problems no cooling problems.....just a sweet drive. and just under half a tank left.

Got home put it in the garage, it is ready for the next run without any work needing to be done, except a wash.

The Box has 140,000 on the clock, and apart from servicing and the IMS upgrade hasn't cost me much in repairs or even wear and tear.

No oil leaks and starts first time every time.

Yep, some may think of it as the red headed step son of the P family, or the "hairdressers car", but I love it, just as others love their porkers, the only down side is what I believe is an unfounded belief that "real men don't drive Boxsters" compounded even more when it is circulated by "fellow" P owners.

I know your just stirring the pot Steve/red3.2 and just saying it in jest, but gee wouldn't it be nice if we could all just appreciate each others various choice of the brand.

Personally, I still have trouble working out all the different variants of our brand, but I love them all and respect the choice of the people who have chosen the particular model of the car that they drive.

Sorry for venting, but unless I win the big lotto on Tuesday night, I will be in the "hairdressers car" for a little longer....and loving it.

Absolutely said in jest Niko, hope you didn’t trim too much off the fringe and take it to heart.

As I said any Pcar, my first drive wast a black 73 911 for sale in Coburg (dealer car) for 15000. That tells you how long ago it was, next car was a 924 auto that belonged to a friend in Port fairy who went to the USA for a while and asked me to sell it for him , so i enjoyed that up and down to Nagambie skiing for a while .

Never driven one but wouldn’t mind a Boxster or 944/968 for a track car, just can’t get around to

Modifying mine for track work.

Would like to catch up with you (and all) next week but can't commit until later in the week.

Cheers

Steve.

Haha, no problems Steve, I like your thoughts on the 944/968 s again...underestimated cars, with heaps of potential. There is some great varieties of fun cars out there, all with their own individual traits.

Hopefully see you on the 11th, I will bring my scissors and give you a free haircut.

Cheers mate,

Niko

Haha, no problems Steve, I like your thoughts on the 944/968 s again...underestimated cars, with heaps of potential. There is some great varieties of fun cars out there, all with their own individual traits.

Hopefully see you on the 11th, I will bring my scissors and give you a free haircut.

Cheers mate,

Niko

Sounds good Niko just get rid of the grey ones for me.

cheers

This has got to be tri

If it's got the P badge it just has to Ok doesn't it? Doesn't matter what the model is.

P.S. Where was the engine located in the very first Porsche built?

There must be a trick there, but I will be the fall guy.

1948 first year for the 356, with the engine being the original air cooled and in the rear.

I know I am about to be updated on that......I think

Plus good comment "if its got a P badge it's gotta be ok"

That would be the lohner-Porsche built in 1901 with electric motors in all four wheel hubs.

Barry, I agree any car that has the Porsche badge will do me. I am not hung up on air or water cooled, front or rear engined, manual or automatic. Love em all and just wish I had the means and the garage to have more than one..... :)

Cheers

C

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Every single one of these machines has a sort of appeal that make them unique.

I do have a 991-S but I don't mind having a 993 or an SC or, or, or.....

Lets not forget that there are similarities in the design, or in other words called DNA, which makes them all have kind of same thing about them.

Enjoy them all,.... (... except for Panameras! :D  :D  :D

Archived