Why wouldn't he be excited, he's driving one of the best model engines produced, 20 years of refinement, no bias :Chuckle2:

Two quotes ring so true with me:

"Connected with the car" - everything feels so right when you're behind the wheel of an A/C car, steering is so direct, riding nice and low, great sound, they hug the road so well and 2nd to 3rd pushing the revs out of a long swinging mountain corner is just perfection.

"Encouraging me to push on" - without wanting to kill you, you can feel the car wants you to extend your limits, everything comes together and your confidence grows given their capability.  I can see how adding a turbo to the equation could bring many undone.  Naturally aspirated keeps me within my limits and still a very exciting car to drive, must be getting soft with age.

Back in the day, my best mate’s brother was bought one of these brand new for his 21st birthday. Phone call from his Dad, your present is on the drive. 

I just remember him (and us as 16 year olds) tearing around Wilmslow in the UK where we lived in it, one of us stuffed in the back despite it having no seats, yet to him and his Dad it was ‘just another 911 that was cheaper than the rest’ (his old man had a 930 at the time). Think he lasted less than a year with it. If only we’d realised at the time what it represented.

5 hours ago, Mike-S said:

Back in the day, my best mate’s brother was bought one of these brand new for his 21st birthday. Phone call from his Dad, your present is on the drive. 

I just remember him (and us as 16 year olds) tearing around Wilmslow in the UK where we lived in it, one of us stuffed in the back despite it having no seats, yet to him and his Dad it was ‘just another 911 that was cheaper than the rest’ (his old man had a 930 at the time). Think he lasted less than a year with it. If only we’d realised at the time what it represented.

You had very different friends to me LOL

The peak of 16 year old rides as I recall was when a friend borrowed his brothers VK Calais which had the rocking 302 V8 in it, which we thought was a rocketship.  It probably made 150hp or something, but with vaguely gurgly v8 noises.  Of course I got to ride in some cool stuff with adults, but they never 'gave it some'.

The CS isn't that well known even in Porsche circles - I assume it will start to get very valued as time goes by, as they all tend to do.  The age of the g-body is upon us, after all.