edgy

FS: 1997 (first year) 986 Boxster - Sydney NSW

Listing our 1997 (986) Boxster 

The car has 109,000 km's on it at present, a good service history, and probably most importantly it has had the LN IMS retrofit done (a circa $4-5k job).

Overall it is a very nice car, its had a new top on it at some point, condition is very good with some usual (and IMO acceptable) wear & tear for its age & KM's, its in the iconic silver + red roadster colours, this is actually as it turns out a P60 appearance pack from the factory, a nod to the original RS60 I'm sure. 

I haven't had to do anything on it since buying it last year, it has a few things marked as needing done soon, but nothing immediate, and I am happy to forward you the PPI from Dave Brenan to give you an idea of the cars condition, as it hasn't done many miles since then, and of course you are welcome to do your own PPI on it. 

Here is the details from PCA:

1997 MY 986 Boxster
Arctic Silver metallic with black fabric roof, with red special leather interior
Sold through Porsche centre Melbourne.          
P60        Appearance Pack X1V9,MA,396 
249       Tiptronic (MY99) SEE 249    
VP12     Radio/CD Package            
424        CD Shelf (STANDARD)         
535        Anti Theft System           
551        Wind Deflector   

Boxster-02.JPG.bcb9220ee140b2cd33dc0be7ed0b4c49.JPG

Boxster-03.JPG.ce7ac23d3cfa8bf020a48335d18b81be.JPG

Genuine reasons for sale. 

Asking: $22,000 negotiable 

Located: Sydney south NSW 

Wtf I thought this tip was all about the Missus? She tired of it already? Watch out mate😉

25 minutes ago, Tips said:

Wtf I thought this tip was all about the Missus? She tired of it already? Watch out mate😉

She’s been offered a 6 month secondment in the states.... 

30 minutes ago, edgy said:

She’s been offered a 6 month secondment in the states.... 

So you’re selling her car to make space for a 2nd GT3............. ??

Nice one, she could pick up a 911 and drive it around while she’s there for not much more than the sale price 🤣

29 minutes ago, GRK930 said:

So you’re selling her car to make space for a 2nd GT3............. ??

No chance...but I’m tempted to sell the GT3, I’ve got a bit of Italian fever, of the 12 cylinder variety 

28 minutes ago, Tips said:

Nice one, she could pick up a 911 and drive it around while she’s there for not much more than the sale price 🤣

That’s the bloody truth isn’t it! Don’t give me ideas 

18 minutes ago, edgy said:

I’ve got a bit of Italian fever, of the 12 cylinder variety 

@edgy As exciting as this sentence is, it also scares the sh#t out of me!!  

Hope you’re on good terms with the bank manager! ..... wish I was, ‘cos I’d then buy your Mr Lapis GT3 to park alongside my 996!!!

23 minutes ago, edgy said:

No chance...but I’m tempted to sell the GT3, I’ve got a bit of Italian fever, of the 12 cylinder variety 

That’s the bloody truth isn’t it! Don’t give me ideas 

Wow. I’d like to hear some more

13 hours ago, GRK930 said:

Wow. I’d like to hear some more

Always loved Diablo's and Murci's, Diablos too much $$ now but would love a gated Murci at some point.. they're still attainable

1 hour ago, SammyD said:

Some well priced Maranello's around 😉

Yes there is... nice looking gated 550 at CTS! 

I like your thinking & reckon you're on the money.... a gated Murci is looking (relatively) cheap compared to where Diablos have gone, and even against a F430 or 458.

Some on CS have recently fallen through $300K, with $250k, possibly even low $200's being a reality.

19 minutes ago, Rick V said:

I like your thinking & reckon you're on the money.... a gated Murci is looking (relatively) cheap compared to where Diablos have gone, and even against a F430 or 458.

Some on CS have recently fallen through $300K, with $250k, possibly even low $200's being a reality.

Bunch of ex Singapore and HK manual fezzas about as well if ur not the AU delivered purist type 🙄

29 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Yup, you're bang on!

A friend has found me a stick shift one off market... need to sell GT3 though. 

6 hours ago, edgy said:

Always loved Diablo's and Murci's, Diablos too much $$ now but would love a gated Murci at some point.. they're still attainable

Yes there is... nice looking gated 550 at CTS! 

Great looking cars, but I believe these cars are a good addition to a Gt3. Swapping from a Gt3 into one of those? I’m not sure. 

On 04/07/2019 at 17:54, GRK930 said:

Great looking cars, but I believe these cars are a good addition to a Gt3. Swapping from a Gt3 into one of those? I’m not sure. 

So many people (ex owners too) have said to me not to "swap" but to "add" to collection, particularly as my focus for GT3 is track... but I am just not in position to do that with whats on my plate the next 18 months (a wedding being one). 

Also, someone made my decision of not selling the GT3 easy by running into it on Saturday :lol: I love driving in Sydney. 

On topic, I drove the Boxster the other night on a good little loop, then drove it to the office today... it is such a good little car, and it tugs at my heart strings pretty hard! I don't want to sell it, but if my fiancé takes the role in the US, I will put it on car sales etc and push the agenda as there is just no reason for one guy and 4 dogs to have 5 cars. 😛 

4 hours ago, edgy said:

So many people (ex owners too) have said to me not to "swap" but to "add" to collection, particularly as my focus for GT3 is track... but I am just not in position to do that with whats on my plate the next 18 months (a wedding being one). 

Also, someone made my decision of not selling the GT3 easy by running into it on Saturday :lol: I love driving in Sydney. 

On topic, I drove the Boxster the other night on a good little loop, then drove it to the office today... it is such a good little car, and it tugs at my heart strings pretty hard! I don't want to sell it, but if my fiancé takes the role in the US, I will put it on car sales etc and push the agenda as there is just no reason for one guy and 4 dogs to have 5 cars. 😛 

Probably not helping, but, teach the dogs to drive????

10 hours ago, edgy said:

How bad is the damage? Good excuse to tart up the rest of it?

16 hours ago, GRK930 said:

How bad is the damage? Good excuse to tart up the rest of it?

Will see soon, nothing structural, not sure if it needs a new 1/4 panel or not... but will be shooting for a full respray. I'm tempted to look at putting wide quarters on it too... :lol: 

57 minutes ago, edgy said:

Will see soon, nothing structural, not sure if it needs a new 1/4 panel or not... but will be shooting for a full respray. I'm tempted to look at putting wide quarters on it too... :lol: 

GT3 RWB?

Just for the record, even I think that’s sacralige. A GT, special edition or generally rare P car - should be preserved.

we are only temporary owners / caretakers of these legendary cars.

Some of us however do walk on the wild side from time to time. Nothing wrong with saving an unloved car and modifying to your own taste. Even if others don’t like it - who cares what they think - not me.

Bit of a thread drift here - my apologies 

53 minutes ago, GRK930 said:

GT3 RWB?

no way... 

38 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Just for the record, even I think that’s sacralige. A GT, special edition or generally rare P car - should be preserved.

we are only temporary owners / caretakers of these legendary cars.

Some of us however do walk on the wild side from time to time. Nothing wrong with saving an unloved car and modifying to your own taste. Even if others don’t like it - who cares what they think - not me.

Bit of a thread drift here - my apologies 

True, by wide quarters I was thinking of the 7.1 RS ones.. but I doubt it, as I want to preserve the car, it is a good one and will continue to be if I look after it, bolt on mods are easy dealt with... sheetmetal not so much. 

22 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

GT3 slant. 

Come on, it’s the right way to go...

Consolation prize for no gated shifter and scissor doors? 😂