The Alfarrari. My Ferrari engined Alfa 105 build

Are you sure you need the 75mm piping?  Most dash venting I have poked around is only 50mm or less and flows plenty of volume.  Seeing as you’re restricting the outlets anyway I would have thought you could go to a smaller od pipe and still get away with it. Should be an off the shelf adapter for the marine pump. Compare the size of the 911 heat ducting for example.  Seems like would take up less under dahs space and still give you the result.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It has been a couple of weeks since I released a video on the Alfarrari. I have still been working just as hard on it but I have decided that moving forward I will only release a video when I have gotten enough work done. So here is the last couple of weeks work where I finally weld on the last of the panels to the shell.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, JV911 said:

Amazing how many "engineered street cars" are getting round with full cages (amongst other non legal things like bead-locks and drag radials) 🙄

I’ve been told and perhaps not for all states , incorporating the cage within the interior trim, allows it to be classed as integral to the car . Though door bars remain clearly non legal 

On 23/02/2021 at 22:06, michel said:

I’ve been told and perhaps not for all states , incorporating the cage within the interior trim, allows it to be classed as integral to the car . Though door bars remain clearly non legal 

After going through the engineering process a couple of times, it seems like there is a way to get most things through if you want. I did think about trimming the cage in, but I have also been to too many motor vehicle accidents to take the risk. The argument is that it is hidden still means that the bars are much closer to your head than the original bodywork even though I am sure I could make it so that you never knew it was there if I wanted to.  

Unless I am wearing a harness and hans I would prefer not to drive a car with a front cage. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see it or missed it but did you use a  release wax or agent over the tape before glassing ?   might remedy that pulling out issue that you have with the "captive nuts".

Too late ??

1 hour ago, OZ930 said:

I didn't see it or missed it but did you use a  release wax or agent over the tape before glassing ?   might remedy that pulling out issue that you have with the "captive nuts".

Too late ??

No need for release with the tape. That part was fine. It was trying to unbolt them first that was the issue.