[VIC] Haunted Hills Social Hillclimb III - 20th Oct

On 12/08/2019 at 20:08, Arne Krix said:

I'll be going , and I have about 5 helmets floating around. Happy to bring along and anybody who wants to can borrow.

5 minutes ago, romeodelta said:

Very kind offer, thanks!

I'll sign up later today.

Just remember to bring some Glen 20. ;)

Awesome! Great to see some "first timers" coming out of the woodwork! I can almost 100% guarantee you'll have a HOOT! 😜.

As far as staying the night before: I've got 5 confirmed via the form, plus me, and I'm holding rooms for @Skidmarks, @Country Guy and Clint, so that is 8/9... I've just booked 10 rooms at the Moe Parklands Motel (same place as previous, just a name change) and Rose is telling me that it will be a busy weekend, and any other rooms should get booked ASAP... 😳

So, even if you haven't booked yet, let me know via PM if you want a room ASAP and I'll confirm with Rose in the next couple of days... FYI: there are no double beds left, just twin singles, so if you're bringing your better half, that might be a good, or a bad thing! 😳😄

@pkulpa ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

Just a reminder... we have 16 confirmed drivers for the hillclimb, and 5 maybes.

Only 9 have filled in the form so far, and we need 20 paid up drivers for the day to proceed.

Can I ask if you are coming and haven't filled in the form, please do so here,

...as well, time to light a fire under your fellow PFAers to sign up for a day of adrenaline infused, carbon fuel burning, back-slapping, fun!  

NB: I have 10 rooms booked at the Moe motel for Saturday night. If you have nominated this request on your form you simply need to use the name PFA when checking in. This is when you can pay for the room as well. I understand that the motel is now mostly booked out so late enquiries can be made directly with Rose at Moe Parklands Motel (03 5127 3344).

Cheers, Kerry

PM me any queries... 😎

On 16/08/2019 at 09:56, Arne Krix said:

All paid up, is it still ok to reserve a room , twin single beds. My son wants to come along , keen to Marshall or help out otherwise. He is hoping to get in 1 run. Not sure if I am hoping that as well😁

Arne, most of the rooms are doubles but when you check in ask for a twin single and you should be fine (I'm told!) 👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Newbie here, and very interested. But wanted to check on the pressure levels to drive on the edge. I used to throw my car around mountainous corners like a frisbee, but I’ve become quite attached to growing old in the past few years. A recent stint in go-karts made me realise my leadfoot has taken a hit as a result! Would I be holding anyone else up if I enjoyed a slightly more sedate lap than others?

I think this is very much a social event. You got the track to yourself when it is your turn , and everybody is going at their own leisure. Me and my car want to survive as well , hence a cautious approach. Should be great fun. Hope to meet you there.🙂🙂🙂

The track is a hillclimb format - each car does one run and then is finished for that lap, so it’s not possible to hold others up (unlike a circuit track like Phillip Island, Sandown etc). Only one car on the course at each time, with staggered starts.

Of course you’ll get more than one crack at it over the course of the day. 

So no pressure! 

24 minutes ago, twro said:

The track is a hillclimb format - each car does one run and then is finished for that lap, so it’s not possible to hold others up (unlike a circuit track like Phillip Island, Sandown etc). Only one car on the course at each time, with staggered starts.

Of course you’ll get more than one crack at it over the course of the day. 

So no pressure! 

Correct. It’s a really safe format, no need to worry about traffic, it’s just you out there. No timing, just everyone doing at their own pace. 

Another great thing is there are multiple track layouts so these can get changed throughout the day as everyone feels comfortable. 

Its my favourite place to drive, more like your favourite country road that a typical race track. It’s very technical, a lot to be learnt and one of the only places you’ll find HP won’t compensate you. 

Short runs also means less impact on your car, not hard on brakes tyres etc. I honestly can’t rate the facility high enough - if you’ve never been (especially if you own a Porsche) you need to have a go. 

There will be a track briefing before we go out and for those that haven't been we will take you out on 2 sighting laps and you can take someone who has in the car with you.

Then you go out at your own pace to enjoy the day. If there is a change of track direction we do the sighter again.

If you do want some instruction through the day we can arrange it - just come and ask me. 

Their will be as many runs as you want with only about 20 to 30 cars, still plenty of room for those still thinking of joining us.

Cheers, Mark.

On 27/09/2019 at 23:32, Driveitlikeyoustoleit said:

Thanks Arne! Reassuring to know I mightn’t be the only one with strong survival instincts 😄

11 hours ago, mwc964 said:

@Driveitlikeyoustoleit this is my first event as well and I have no interest in binning my 964! 

Welcome to you both.

Hugh - (What he said ☝🏻 👍🏻)

lazydave - We’re charging entry per car, so bring your friend and drive the same car for the single car entry price! With the very low numbers structure that we have on the day compared to competition events, there is more than enough track time for everybody, to the extent that often people do one or two laps after lunch, and then they’re spent! All except  Greta and Hugh! 🤘🏻🙄😆