[VIC] Haunted Hills Social Hillclimb III - 20th Oct

OK, I'm calling it..... IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

We're still 4 cars under the limit, so any other PFA'ers that might be late inclusions (or freshly ordained fathers) are obviously welcome, but in order to give our confirmed drivers some confidence of the date... the PFA will cover the difference.

HH3 LIVES!!!

Standby here for the exact deets for the day, but assume that the

driver briefing will be at 8am,

track-walk/drive at around 8:20,

and then laps beginning soon after.

We'll judge it on the day, but lunch will be around 12 noon,

and it'll all be wrapped up by about 4pm - for those with the stamina!

*There will be bacon and egg rolls for brekkie, and very average coffee, with lunch available from the venue as well. There is a Macca's in town for the foodies amongst us, along with the best chance of reasonable coffee should your motor not start without it!

Woop woop! We're all going to have a hoot! 💥

On 30/09/2019 at 12:27, Kerry said:

OK, I'm calling it..... IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

We're still 4 cars under the limit, so any other PFA'ers that might be late inclusions (or freshly ordained fathers) are obviously welcome, but in order to give our confirmed drivers some confidence of the date... the PFA will cover the difference.

HH3 LIVES!!!

Standby here for the exact deets for the day, but assume that the

driver briefing will be at 8am,

track-walk/drive at around 8:20,

and then laps beginning soon after.

We'll judge it on the day, but lunch will be around 12 noon,

and it'll all be wrapped up by about 4pm - for those with the stamina!

*There will be bacon and egg rolls for brekkie, and very average coffee, with lunch available from the venue as well. There is a Macca's in town for the foodies amongst us, along with the best chance of reasonable coffee should your motor not start without it!

Woop woop! We're all going to have a hoot! 💥

Is anybody going down on Saturday and staying overnight interested in driving there as a group? If so , where and when should we meet? Cheers🏎

On 09/10/2019 at 10:11, Arne Krix said:

Is anybody going down on Saturday and staying overnight interested in driving there as a group? If so , where and when should we meet? Cheers🏎

im working till 2pm Saturday and plan to head down after that, could I get the address of the motel and if anyone is leaving the cbd area around that time? if not i meet you all down at the motel.

George

43 minutes ago, 911B said:

im working till 2pm Saturday and plan to head down after that, could I get the address of the motel and if anyone is leaving the cbd area around that time? if not i meet you all down at the motel.

George

It is called The Moe Parklands Motel. You might need to look up address. We are heading out at about 4 pm , get there for 6 pm . We'll come from Eastlink , hitting the Monash outbound. Arne

44 minutes ago, Arne Krix said:

It is called The Moe Parklands Motel. You might need to look up address. We are heading out at about 4 pm , get there for 6 pm . We'll come from Eastlink , hitting the Monash outbound. Arne

thanks for that mate, might head there earlier to rest up before the evening.

Hey All.

For those you staying the night before, we have rooms at the Moe Comfort Inn (it has a new name but same place as last time) which is here

98 Narracan Dr, Newborough VIC 3825
https://goo.gl/maps/nBEmk56HdRCJHmvdA

The booking is under the PFA and you sort the bill directly with them when you check in (as we’ll be leaving before they man the office in the morning). 

We will be having drinks next door at Rookies Bar from 5pm when it opens, and then picked up by MaxiTaxi at 7.15 to be whisked off to Moe’s finest dinning establishment, BANJOS at the RSL for dinner at 7.30pm. 

Please feel free to join us at any point! 🍸🦐🍻

FOR EVERYONE: Drivers briefing will be at 8am and all drivers can have their cars available for scrutineering from 7.30am. @Mike737 @monty188 @Marks @Rod C

After scrutineering and briefing, Mark and Hugh will take drivers for a drive/walk around the track. Drivers will then be able to a sighting lap or two before giving it a squirt!

@hugh @9fan

NB: The reason these days are so chilled is that there is no timing and as such peeps can drive as fast or slowly as they like... it’s all about having a hoot!

A question asked more than once on behalf of nervous better halves, and the answer: yes, there is a 2person manned ambulance there the whole time in case anyone gets a bee sting, or feels faint at the sight of “Oh Shit” corner, or just needs a sea sick tablet... 😳😂

So, drivers, start your anticipation! 🏎⛰🏁

1 hour ago, 9fan said:

Yes Great camera work.

I was upset though when I broke the PCV Class Record there and even though 968's rarely appear at PCV track events there was no photo's of my car - felt like turning in my membership.

I hear you.  I’d hand it back. Disgusting.

🏳️*** Attention anyone who might be thinking about coming down for Saturday night, but didn’t book a room....🏳️

We had a cancellation and as a result have a room free.

If interested, PM me, otherwise I’ll be looking to release the booking after lunch tomorrow (Thursday).

🍻

Hi to all.

I was hoping that this event would provide me with a chance to meet some fellow PFA members as a new comer.

Unfortunately, I have had a few health scares over the last week, which put me into Hospital to have an angiogram and then a further invasive investigation on my heart.

I was only discharged from Hospital yesterday and while the outcome has been good, with no major surgery required it has left my body battered and bruised.

Therefore I won't be able to attend the hill climb event this weekend.

I wish everyone a great day and hope to catchup at the next SMT.

Regards

John C