What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

It took me about 8 hours :P But I sanded everything back, sprayed them all with a few coats of paint. The 3 manuals I had didn't match up to the orientation of the pedal cluster in my RHD Targa at all... so I put it back from memory and a few photos I took before hand. If you were just pulling them out, chucking new bushings in then I'd say 4-5 hours.

First break down in the 964 today. Nearly made it a year without one so i figure that's not bad. Came around a corner right near home when suddenly the shifter went slack (could only move forward and backward). I pulled the car over and it stalled. Starting it was fine but as soon as I let the clutch out it stalled again.

Went home to get tow ropes then it occurred to me the car was actually probably still in gear. So i started it up, let the clutch out with some very high revs and managed to get moving. Drove it the remaining kilometre home so at least I didn't need a tow. Think maybe the shift linkage has disconnected from the transmission...

On 24/04/2018 at 2:41 PM, Smussato said:

Replaced all the bushings in my pedal assembly and repainted everything (what a job haha).

I just did the exact same thing! 
Mine had a fair bit of rust because my master cylinder's inlet hose was leaking. 

Stripped it all back, took out the tank and rust treated it. 
I started the car up for the first time in 4 months after the tank removal, started immediately after the fuel lines were primed.
What truly amazing cars these are :)

Having not heard it for such a long time... I feel if my neighbours were watching me it would have looked like this...

Image result for conair nicolas cage gif
Im sure we've all been there

I put some new tyres on my car.  The old ones were close to 12 years old I reckon, and they had started to crack in the treads.  Plenty of tread (probably circa 10k kms by the previous owner) but harsh, noisy and obviously starting the falling apart process.

New ones are nice and soft and much less noise including the cat eyes that made a very loud thump as your drove over them.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some paint correction on Sunday. I used Adams correcting polish and then Adams revive polish followed by a coat of Zymol Red Wax. I did it all by hand using the hand pads Adams sell, as I don't have a polisher yet. Still has some slight swirls but it's a huge improvement to how it was and am really happy with how it turned out

31957543_10215709373868912_8017219914467

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, wilburforce said:

Yes M&K ready to go on - very excited!

I nearly went a set of their race pipes as well (pretty much straight out) to put on for track days. http://www.mkexhaust.com/products/911_rt.html   After hearing @stf911 pipe last weekend i'm regretting it.

I have the crazy pipes and the M&K 2 in 1 out Will. The Mk is amazing whilst being legal ?. I get a ittle extra throttle response with the megaphones...

30 minutes ago, wilburforce said:

Yes M&K ready to go on - very excited!

I nearly went a set of their race pipes as well (pretty much straight out) to put on for track days. http://www.mkexhaust.com/products/911_rt.html   After hearing @stf911 pipe last weekend i'm regretting it.

PS. Come over one day and we can put the megaphones on yours and go for a drive! ??

3 hours ago, stf911 said:

I have the crazy pipes and the M&K 2 in 1 out Will. The Mk is amazing whilst being legal ?. I get a ittle extra throttle response with the megaphones...

PS. Come over one day and we can put the megaphones on yours and go for a drive! ??

Thanks Sal - you are a bad influence!

Well I certainly didn't do it but as a few of you may remember my post from a month ago my car was backed into. Needed a new front bumper and a few other thing but I finally got it back a week ago. Then today I park on the street just for a few hours and then just my luck it gets sideswiped at the front drivers side fender, not too bad but bent a bit of the fender a couple of scratches and paint transfer but the best part for last, scratches on my brand new front bumper.......... and no note this time so yes not having a good month. ?

IMG_9127