What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Got my 996 back for 2nd time today after visiting the body shop for a little nose work.  Correct LH headlight finally sent by Porsche Centre (originally sent non-washer version) so have my new one, makes the other RH one look very dull, will have to do some work on that I'd say ?  New bonnet fit now much better, so happy to be seen driving car now - didn;t take it on a club run last Sunday because I was ashamed of how it looked, so we took Mrs's Boxster instead ?

Next job another oil change, then to play with the exhaust....

Took my SC to see @JB for a spit and polish today. As usual came out the other end looking superb. They really do a great job with fantastic attention to detail. Since my daily got stolen I've been driving a 1994 Hilux and as you can imagine it was just superb driving around today in the SC in comparison. Got a full weekend of Dad's taxi duties to various sporting events which I'm totally looking forward to. Happy driving everyone. 

WoooooHoooooo had a PSE fitted to the BBC, yesterday at PCM.  

Drove it home in peak hour traffic so couldn't really get the feel(sound) of it.  

But..... I will be giving it a blast very shortly.....

I'm excited...I have noise.....

Now those lowering springs........ 

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

I've got one the same, I quite like the tipper along with the sports button:Chuckle2: - yours has Chrono as well?

No chrono....

question for you... it sits a bit high, is there a std lower ride springs to get? Maybe for another thread..

13 minutes ago, Philbee said:

No chrono....

question for you... it sits a bit high, is there a std lower ride springs to get? Maybe for another thread..

Not too sure on that, mine is standard susp and yes, sits a little high maybe, it's got the lobster 19's instead of the standard 18's and there's plenty of clearance in the wheel arches that looks like it could do with a lowering ... does yours have PASM? Mine doesn't but that activated drops it a centimeter I'm sure... maybe a set of Bilsteins on the shopping list for your next anniversary? :ph34r:

Conceived and gave the green light to new (alternative) motive power for the “IROC”

964 case

993 heads, flowed and ported

Lightened and balanced crank

Solid lifters

titanium rods

PMO’s (46’s as 50’s too big)

GE80 cams

12.5:1 compression 

twin plug

New Mahle and JE pistons

(+ the other usual “while we’re in there” things like balancing and the like).

Will use the IROC donk for IROC events but the other will be for “special occasions”

Target output a “fat” 400.  That should help pull me up the Mountain.

And now will need stronger gear set in the 915 as well.

Sold the 3.5 litre ex Porsche Cup motor to fund it but should come out about square ... (optimist that I am)

23 hours ago, Philbee said:

Oops..., bought a Porsche!!

Oops!

the hotrod has a girlfriend! ?

Nice one Phil! That's awesome.

Spent a few hours with @Fraz yesterday, lying under my car, doing my best to make myself remotely useful as we (he) removed the primary muffler to replace it with a Cup Pipe. Secondary muffler went back on - the G Pipe and Cup pipe combo was hilarious. 

Good sound - very much classic air cooled 911. A fraction quieter than the G Pipe which I do want to address but very happy with the tone... One benefit I hadn't really anticipated is that ditching that weight from way out back has made a difference to the car's manners on road. It's compliance over bumps etc is improved which I'm stoked with. Haven't been 100% convinced by the Bilsteins to date. This has actually made quite a difference to the feel which I'm liking. Should be able to stiffen up the damping now...

Plugged in @Pork Chops' CDI+ from classicretrofit ( @Jonny Retrofit ).

Visited the @Fraz Cave for some timing adjustments.

Haven't quite got it sorted. Got some troubleshooting and tuning to do. Can't really comment on the CDI+ impact at this point except to say it seems to be a bit steadier at idle.

7vA5wdE.jpg

xwsEJ32.jpg

5 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Nice one Phil! That's awesome.

Spent a few hours with @Fraz yesterday, lying under my car, doing my best to make myself remotely useful as we (he) removed the primary muffler to replace it with a Cup Pipe. Secondary muffler went back on - the G Pipe and Cup pipe combo was hilarious. 

Good sound - very much classic air cooled 911. A fraction quieter than the G Pipe which I do want to address but very happy with the tone... One benefit I hadn't really anticipated is that ditching that weight from way out back has made a difference to the car's manners on road. It's compliance over bumps etc is improved which I'm stoked with. Haven't been 100% convinced by the Bilsteins to date. This has actually made quite a difference to the feel which I'm liking. Should be able to stiffen up the damping now...

I will pop round fraz's and put your G pipe mod on mine then ;)

@Fraz - Dont give away all the tuning tips from the Blue Beast parked out back ;) 

11 hours ago, GUT said:

Plugged in @Pork Chops' CDI+ from classicretrofit ( @Jonny Retrofit ).

Visited the @Fraz Cave for some timing adjustments.

Haven't quite got it sorted. Got some troubleshooting and tuning to do. Can't really comment on the CDI+ impact at this point except to say it seems to be a bit steadier at idle.

7vA5wdE.jpg

xwsEJ32.jpg

What’s the tally for that piece of concrete, how many p cars graced it in how many hours @Fraz ? The neighbours are suspect 

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

A natural drug of course, being in the hills up there...

No you guys havent noticed , he bolts shit on your cars and takes stuff off , pretty much always with a loss of weight ..what do you think is inside those mufflers he encourages you to get from otheres .. interstate contraband .. ;)  He also knows when you are going on a run and doesnt have to carry the stuff , gets it unloaded in the carpark at the SMT , whilst your having a coffee/beer is dudes slide under your car ..  Ingenious   .. did you not notice the scales in the corner of the garage .. they are not for corner weighting ...

You guys call him @fraz to others hes known as Moonshine and he doesnt drink

Stripped about 30 kegs out of the black shitboxt today.. Boot and froot carpets, underlay, some shelving and interior carpets,  behind seats, spare wheel, tools, jack etc... only took an hour and still have about 15kegs of floor carpets etc to come out  in the cabin when the seats come out. Could also shed about 30 kegs off my body as well and I'd be flying!