What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, flamingporsche said:

Replaced the worn crappy / sticky AC switches on the Boxster.  Pretty happy with the results.

Now to ensure everyone keeps their hands off my knob(s) ?

Can I ask where you got them from and how much?

Cheers

18 hours ago, Barks said:

Can I ask where you got them from and how much?

Cheers

www.climarepair.com

About $210 after exchange thru PayPal. Not cheap for what it is, but just about the only option for replacement switches. But when Porsche Centre wants $65 each for replacing sticky audio knobs then it’s in the ballpark 

Took the car to @JB's today for a quick facial.... it got a few scuffs on the bonnet last few weeks. Here's the man doing his thing.

Result: Genius at work. Great result. Cleaned it right up, Highly recommended.

@JB... I'll be back, mate, to do the rest of the car. 

Jb3

I washed my old 911. It took 7 minutes , being such a tiny thing and me being so efficient :)
Tomorrow is going to be a perfect Tassy winter day and it's the monthly classic car gathering by the beach. 
It's not illegal to drive 10km in 2nd gear through early morning suburban traffic is it :Chuckle2:

3 hours ago, Philbee said:

Took the car to @JB's today for a quick facial.... it got a few scuffs on the bonnet last few weeks. Here's the man doing his thing.

Jb3

Looking good Philbee … what happened with the troublesome exhaust - perfect outcome?

Too nice a day here in Melb to stay home, so packed the little woman into the Croc and we headed down to Loch for lunch.

Around 70k each way.   Loch has a couple of great little eateries, and the curio shops are starting to appear.

Also has a distillery there, doing some craft beers.    

The bikie community (as in bikes with Donks not pedals) has discovered the place as well.

Heaps of nice bikes (if there is such a thing) and a couple of custom cars.

Came home with the obligatory various home made soaps and a couple of candles.

Once you turn off the Bass Hwy onto the Sth Gippy Hwy, the road surface gets a bit rough.

But worth the drive, sat out in the sun and had some really nice food at 'OLIVE OF LOCH"

Highly recommend the little village for an easy Sunday drive...  

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, Philbee said:

Jb3

Mate looks awesome....can I ask where you got your windscreen decal from?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Finally put my dash back together after fixing the digital clock and replaced the clear plastic around the climate control unit which after 30 years had seen better days. It’s no longer available from Porsche so I found a guy in Canada who reproduces them using a 3D printer so they are much stronger. I also replaced the dash trim with a new one as it had been repaired a few times already. 

3 minutes ago, SteveF said:

Finally put my dash back together after fixing the digital clock and replaced the clear plastic around the climate control unit which after 30 years had seen better days. It’s no longer available from Porsche so I found a guy in Canada who reproduces them using a 3D printer so they are much stronger. I also replaced the dash trim with a new one as it had been repaired a few times already. 

Spill the beans mate .... how many screws were left over?? ... :ph34r: