What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

New tyres and alignment for my 981 Cayman S today to replace the OEM Pirelli P Zeros that had done 28,500km after 4 years - old boots still had adequate tread depth but were well past their prime and no longer particularly grippy (particularly in the wet). Replacements are Michelin Pilot 4S that are a more aggressive tyre so keen to see how they perform once scrubbed in a little. As it was late afternoon, I had  a look around the workshop at PCM - some amazing cars there including a 959, 911R, a new GT2RS going through pre-delivery and one of the 1st GT3RS models into Australia in Lizard Green on a hoist .... if only!

Well I didn't do anything to mine, but I headed up to Banjo country and gave some very strong support to Chris and Steve, by drinking coffee, eating vanilla slices and schnitzel sandwiches on white bread.  (thanks Miss Kitty) B)

Dirty job but someone had to do it.

Meanwhile  Chris performed his magic tricks on Steves monster.  

Steve had prepped it with a good claying and Chris did the finishing off with some polishing and ceramic coating.

at the completion of the job, the GT3 looks like a new one.:wub:

IMG_1622IMG_1623IMG_1625IMG_1624

Job done, and looks almost as good as my croc...:P

5 hours ago, Niko said:

Steve had prepped it with a good claying and Chris did the finishing off with some polishing and ceramic coating.

at the completion of the job, the GT3 looks like a new one.:wub:

IMG_1623

1/ Isn't ceramics something old ladies do at in rehab?

2/ Steve being picky in this shot?

3/ Must be for sale now.

4/ You guys passed up Dak Dak Egg & Bacon rolls for this?

39 minutes ago, bear924 said:

Nice looking piece of kit. The 996 is seems to be picking up more fans with every passing year.

Is the PORSCHE badge on the rear original?

Not original... I spotted a 996 in the UK with this  badge and really liked it.  Took me an age to get a black version to match the car... pretty rare to find an original. 

12 hours ago, Airhead said:

1/ Isn't ceramics something old ladies do at in rehab?

2/ Steve being picky in this shot?

3/ Must be for sale now.

1 How dare you call Chris  an old lady.

2 had to look like I was making an effort as well 

3 not for sale 

4 Miss Kitty’s world famous schnitzel sanga’s are much harder to get your hands on than a common, or garden variety egg and bacon roll.

19 hours ago, Airhead said:

Plus ...

I have taken up eating healthily now,.... so the vanilla slices (snot blocks) :CoolDance:schnitzel sangars on white bread (not that sour dough triple nut blah blah bread):P

Coupled with Steves, hand percolated coffees (that keep you awake for five days):Sweating:

Blind Freddy can see that is obviously a much healthier alternative than bacon and eggs.B)

20 hours ago, Tintin Audio said:

After four hours of detailing today and a deserted Service station... out comes the camera again

save-new-89.jpg?w=1534

that 996 does look good.     love that PORSCHE insignia.   tops off a perfect look.

21 hours ago, bear924 said:

Nice looking piece of kit. The 996 is seems to be picking up more fans with every passing year.

Is the PORSCHE badge on the rear original?

20 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Don't reckon.  Mine has Carrera. ...

20 hours ago, Tintin Audio said:

Not original... I spotted a 996 in the UK with this  badge and really liked it.  Took me an age to get a black version to match the car... pretty rare to find an original. 

Looks really suited Tintin, interestingly enough almost all of the 996.1 C2 have Carrera and some in black but the mid / late 1999 to early / mid 2000 they had a chrome "911" and no Carrera.

9 hours ago, Niko said:

Plus ...

I have taken up eating healthily now,.... so the vanilla slices (snot blocks) :CoolDance:schnitzel sangars on white bread (not that sour dough triple nut blah blah bread):P

Coupled with Steves, hand percolated coffees (that keep you awake for five days):Sweating:

Blind Freddy can see that is obviously a much healthier alternative than bacon and eggs.B)

So many years to wean yourself off coffee and donuts in the squad car hey?

Installed the new Mod 07 last week and got to drive with it over the course of the weekend. Wondered how I'd like the feel of the leather having driven with alcantara for so long. Happy to report it feels bloody beautiful. Absolutely wrapped with the way it looks in the car too.

momo_002