What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

On 10/11/2018 at 7:06 PM, TwoHeadsTas said:

Spent a few dollars today.  Bought Mrs a new (to us) 2013 981 Boxster. Will be a couple of weeks to get finance & collection organised to take it back to Tassie.  Anybody wanna buy a 2005 987 S manual?

New 981.jpeg

Car passed the PPI today with flying colours, thanks to @Dave Brennan for a very thorough inspection, and some great insights and info about lots of  Porsche things, including IMS issues etc

1 hour ago, 81SC said:

That is garage envy right there, that's a nice work space you have Airhead.

Agreed. What a difference having the lift and space to work like that.  I'm always scrambling on the ground under car stands and jacks.

Very envious and lovely 914 you have there as well Airhead.

2 hours ago, 81SC said:

That is garage envy right there, that's a nice work space you have Airhead.

1 hour ago, Diamond911 said:

Agreed. What a difference having the lift and space to work like that.  I'm always scrambling on the ground under car stands and jacks.

Very envious and lovely 914 you have there as well Airhead.

Thanks guys. Only been in this house 12 months and the separate garage space is fabulous. After painting the floor the next thing in was the hoist. makes life (and my back) so much easier.

Just to tease you. Looking to the left.

AtoW0vk.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

PRETTY IN PINK

Such another perfect day in Melbourne...I had made plans to go the Rob Roy Hill Climb, but decided..

instead of watching blokes/ladies having fun

I'd rather be having some fun too.  Driving the BBC for a few hundred K is pretty good fun to me. 

So cancelled my plans, asked the Missus if she wanted to go down to Port Albert to have 

a feed of the best fish and chips in Victoria.   and away we went.  

Half the V8 Holden car club were there along with a heap of friendly Bikies.

Fish and chips were again worth the 380k round trip. 

Faultless drive once again, and only about twenty K's off the 50K on the speedo.   I reckon its just getting better as the K's click up.

IMG_4536

IMG_4537

Small reserve at Robertson's Beach above and Robertsons Beach below

IMG_4533IMG_4535

Washed it with the new foam applicator and Karcher makes an awesome difference to the cleaning process. Need to buy one of the air blowers to dry it so it’s ‘no touch’ wash treatment. This process is also a lot quicker to do the 2 cars.

im also thinking a Matt xpel wrap, but not sure of the investment on a 4 yo car that I might only hold another 12 months.

28 minutes ago, Tips said:

Washed it with the new foam applicator and Karcher makes an awesome difference to the cleaning process. Need to buy one of the air blowers to dry it so it’s ‘no touch’ wash treatment. This process is also a lot quicker to do the 2 cars.

im also thinking a Matt xpel wrap, but not sure of the investment on a 4 yo car that I might only hold another 12 months.

IMG_0376IMG_0375IMG_0374

Tips, just for interest....a couple of us purchased one of these from a Mitre10 store down here, only about $70.00 from memory, may have even been cheaper.

Rubber tube on the front so no damage if it touches the body.  Also good for water off the wheels and tyres..

Great for getting water out of the nooks and crannies, and for blowing off garage dust if your car is not under a cover.

Haven't tried to actually ry the entire car off with it, but if you have a good water repellent sealer on the paintwork I'm sure it will probably do the job.

25 minutes ago, Niko said:

IMG_0376IMG_0375IMG_0374

Tips, just for interest....a couple of us purchased one of these from a Mitre10 store down here, only about $70.00 from memory, may have even been cheaper.

Rubber tube on the front so no damage if it touches the body.  Also good for water off the wheels and tyres..

Great for getting water out of the nooks and crannies, and for blowing off garage dust if your car is not under a cover.

Haven't tried to actually ry the entire car off with it, but if you have a good water repellent sealer on the paintwork I'm sure it will probably do the job.

Could you add some kind of filter to eliminate the possibility of it sucking in some dirt and then blasting your paint with it?

CARGRAPHIC TUV SOUND INSTALL

Installed a Cargraphic TUV exhaust on the weekend with the kind help and expertise of @dan_189 , a pretty easy install with no real challenges (apart from the clamps). The original mufflers weight a considerable bit more, straight away there is a weight saving. Tailpipes we lined up by eye and managed to get them aligned perfectly first time.

Initial start up straight away sounded deeper, with notable throttle response willing to rev much more freely . The sound is much more pronounced that just gets better as you push it. Power is definitely up, notably more, a combination of removing my old Gundo hacked mufflers and installing a proper system.

Just to make sure I ran them in, did an afternoon 300 KM blast across the hills to Yea and back… best modification so far

img_1580.jpg?w=1536

img_1524.jpg?w=1536

img_1528.jpg?w=1536

save-new-112.jpg?w=1536