What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

CARGRAPHIC TUV SOUND INSTALL

Installed a Cargraphic TUV exhaust on the weekend with the kind help and expertise of @dan_189 , a pretty easy install with no real challenges (apart from the clamps). The original mufflers weight a considerable bit more, straight away there is a weight saving. Tailpipes we lined up by eye and managed to get them aligned perfectly first time.

Initial start up straight away sounded deeper, with notable throttle response willing to rev much more freely . The sound is much more pronounced that just gets better as you push it. Power is definitely up, notably more, a combination of removing my old Gundo hacked mufflers and installing a proper system.

Just to make sure I ran them in, did an afternoon 300 KM blast across the hills to Yea and back… best modification so far

img_1580.jpg?w=1536

img_1524.jpg?w=1536

img_1528.jpg?w=1536

save-new-112.jpg?w=1536

• 2 weeks later...

A project I have been working on for a few weeks is finally(well almost as I have some ideas) finished.

I made up a real carbon fibre panel to hold the display for Zeitronix ZT2. It is custom mounted behind and gives real time display of Lambda and Air Fuel Ratio, Exhaust gas temperature, and Boost/vacuum. The panel is sprayed with a 2 part clear with Porsche logo embedded under it 

The black billet switches with white Led lighting control ejector seat, number plate flipper, machine guns front and rear :P

The lighting on switches was way to bright, so have fitted a variable dimmer on them, so I can dial it back until it is just right.

47235874_10217356883975635_7669431231116

• 2 weeks later...

Have just started a mini road trip and the fan belt sensor on my 993 C2S as often occurs decided to disintegrate half way through the start of the trip. The wheel resting on the belt essentially disintegrated itself and disappeared leaving the sensor resting totally against the belt. This caused a portion of the sensor arm resting on the belt to wear a ridge in itself which gave me an idea to pull the arm back with a zip tie using the ridge as a mounting point for the zip tie.

Not wanting the arm of the sensor to continue to rub and melt itself against the belt thereby causing wear to the relatively recently changed belts I opted to get the whole sensor out the way and disengage the stupid red warning light.

Obviously this means needing to monitor the belt condition and temperature of the engine to make sure all is well with the belt as the warning sensor will be permanently disabled with my temporary fix.

A quick trip to the hardware store for some zip ties allowed me to strap the sensor switch away from the belt as per the attached pics. This had the effect of removing unnecessary wear on the belt and at the same time turning off the fan belt warning light on the dash till I get back and replace the whole sensor as the sensor believes there is tension on the sensor with the sensor arm pulled back away from the belt.

Note that the sensor only identifies a missing belt and not belt tension.

Please remember to always check the condition of your belt and the engine temps with this quick fix to make sure all is well with the belt till a new sensor is replaced.

IMG-20181228-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20181228-WA0000.jpg

1 hour ago, Harold996tt said:

Have just started a mini road trip and the fan belt sensor on my 993 C2S as often occurs decided to disintegrate half way through the start of the trip. The wheel resting on the belt essentially disintegrated itself and disappeared leaving the sensor resting totally against the belt. This caused a portion of the sensor arm resting on the belt to wear a ridge in itself which gave me an idea to pull the arm back with a zip tie using the ridge as a mounting point for the zip tie.

Not wanting the arm of the sensor to continue to rub and melt itself against the belt thereby causing wear to the relatively recently changed belts I opted to get the whole sensor out the way and disengage the stupid red warning light.

Obviously this means needing to monitor the belt condition and temperature of the engine to make sure all is well with the belt as the warning sensor will be permanently disabled with my temporary fix.

A quick trip to the hardware store for some zip ties allowed me to strap the sensor switch away from the belt as per the attached pics. This had the effect of removing unnecessary wear on the belt and at the same time turning off the fan belt warning light on the dash till I get back and replace the whole sensor as the sensor believes there is tension on the sensor with the sensor arm pulled back away from the belt.

Note that the sensor only identifies a missing belt and not belt tension.

Please remember to always check the condition of your belt and the engine temps with this quick fix to make sure all is well with the belt till a new sensor is replaced.

IMG-20181228-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20181228-WA0000.jpg

good thinking 99

Took the old girl for a blast from Brighton to Coalcliff through the National Pak (again) quick coffee and then back for a scrub / ultimate compound / wax and headlight restore.

Rain X'd all glass / scrubbed the shite out the wheels and slapped on a bit of wheel protectant...

Then had about 104 beers..

2018 Clean.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

Stunning Jim45!

I finally got around fitting the Rennline Extinguisher mount a couple of days ago.Took longer than I had expected, but as mine was for a retrofitted electric seat that I couldn't easily unplug I had to fit it with the seat still in the car.

I'd also bought a Brey-Krause quick release bracket for the extinguisher, but discovered that the bottle diameter is too large for it!

10fnk45.jpg

Been having dramas with the fuel relay plug, so thanks to @Stew F and his handiwork with a soldering iron and Craig at Buik Motorworks for supplying the plug, we've sorted it out. Also FINALLY fitted the Hargett shifter with Stew's help/patience which feels great in the short drive we did today. Will see how it goes on a run tomorrow 

Removed the front bumper on my 981 Cayman last weekend to fit some Rennline grilles - unfortunately, they did not fit my car notwithstanding I had specified an “S” model with front parking sensors etc. I have yet to contact the guys at Rennline but I suspect my front bumper moulding may be slightly different due to the car being fitted with the Adaptive Cruise Control option. Interested to hear from anyone who has fitted the Rennline grilles to a 981 Cayman!

780A3AF9-4F7F-4106-A614-2B8311AB186B.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Stew F said:

Even though I did solder the wire from the old socket back on to the fuel pump power wire. Twice. 🏆

😂😂😂 I did have to refrain from laughing a bit more there mate. It's something I'd do, so don't feel alone. Doing an oil change in the old Cortina in my teens, I got the car on the ramps, dumped the oil, put the sump plug back in then started it up to go to the shop to buy some oil 😳

13 hours ago, LeeM said:

😂😂😂 I did have to refrain from laughing a bit more there mate. It's something I'd do, so don't feel alone. Doing an oil change in the old Cortina in my teens, I got the car on the ramps, dumped the oil, put the sump plug back in then started it up to go to the shop to buy some oil 😳

ha ha ok ok confession time by the looks....I have been guilty of doing my own oil changes on my Datsuns over the years.  

I have dropped the oil, put the new filter on, then went about filling the sump again with whatever the best quality oil was in the day.

And yep.....forgot to put the sump plug in :PissedOff:......The worst thing is over the years I have probably done it two or three times.

I am apparently a slow learner.....:Confused02:

I'll bet I'm not alone though......(hopefully)

So I finally fitted the Hargett shifter the other day after having another selector shaft made when the original snapped (badly designed and very thin) and went for a blat in the hills. It's a great thing to use, though it needs some adjustment that I really cant be arsed doing, so I sold it to Reece (he of V8 powered 911 fame) who had first option to buy if I was to sell. Done deal, move on. I was going to buy a Wevo or similar, yet decided I'd just extend the stock gearstick as best as I could without welding something on. Ended up using a 150mm long 10mm bolt with the head cut off and jammed the pointy tip (cut to size) off a silicone tube in the shifter and gearknob end. Perfect length so that I don't have to reach for the stick and works a treat, though I may bend it a bit after trying it out this weekend. Of course I used some electrical tape (badly, so that will get changed), as I didnt have any heat shrink, but you all should know I do like my ghetto modifications and electrical tape 😁👍

20190109-222441.jpg