What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Took it to Jocaro to have the Air Oil Seperator replaced. Goodbye smoke screen, rough idle and squeel!

One of the very few things that is a definite replacement somewhere along the line for Coxsters...

Easy and cheap fix, and no more smokey embarrassment..:ph34r:

Edited by Niko

After close to 10 years now, I finally switched out my super comfy leather race seats and put the original 3.2 seats back in.

The stock seats are a little harder on the "rear end" and no more shoulder support :(, but I'm happy with the result.  Last on the list is sourcing an original 4 spoke wheel and removing the momo, maybe it'll take another 10 years :lol:.

Race seats will be listed on ebay very soon if anyone's interested. 

BEFORE

IMG_2570_zpsxpu9ph6l.jpg

AFTER

IMG_2734_zpsrplqzoov.jpg

Are you still thinking of selling the old seats?

Are they Recaro?

Are you still thinking of selling the old seats?

Are they Recaro?

I originally thought they were definitely Recaro but after removing, I can't be sure.  There is no marking underneath or on the hinge, so I suspect good quality copies.  In saying that, I know the original seats are definitely Recaro and they have no markings anywhere either.

I am going to list the seats on Ebay soon with a starting bid of $800 and see what interest there is (open to offers above).

The seats are full leather back and front, no rips, holes or marks and in great condition.  They tilt and bolstering is perfect.

Supplied with two rails that were in the car.

My understanding is it's ok to have the chin spoiler without the rear wing but not vice versa as this can cause the front end to get light at highway speeds

Been there done that. Rear wing and no chin is an awful combo. Took the rear wing off some time ago until I find a new chin. Feels great now.

Did a full paint correction and wax sealant (Menzerna) as it was such a shitty day in Sydney today. Carrara White just looks awesome when freshly detailed...

love a freshly detailed car, photo?. What product and pad colour did you use for the paint correction?

I did my first ever polish. I wasn't that confident but after a few youtubes I dived in. Used a product called Autoglym, it turned out a treat. I had really bad swirls on the bonnet where a previous owner had used an orbital, but now they're all gone! so stoked.

BIG fan of all AUTOGLYM products...

Now when you wash it get into the AUTOGLYM AQUAWAX.    

Edited by Niko

BIG fan of all AUTOGLYM products...

Now when you wash it get into the AUTOGLYM AQUAWAX.    

Thanks Niko I'll look into it. Currently using Turtle Rinse Free Wash n Wax, which I'm pretty happy with - you only need 1 bucket.

Edit: I've just had a look and that's a wax not a wash. The Autoglym I used was the Super Resin Polish, I wonder what the difference is.

Edited by grantmr

Thanks Niko I'll look into it. Currently using Turtle Rinse Free Wash n Wax, which I'm pretty happy with - you only need 1 bucket.

Edit: I've just had a look and that's a wax not a wash. The Autoglym I used was the Super Resin Polish, I wonder what the difference is.

With the Aquawax, all you need do after washing your car properly as per normal.  

Leave the car wet, spray Aquawax on each panel as you go and dry off with a good quality microfibre cloth.

You may need two or three MF clothes.  

So as you would dry the car off anyway this time your just adding the Aquawax into the mix.

I use it every second time I wash the car.

No big change at all except your now putting a wax coating on your polish.

Sensational product.   But make sure you use good MF cloths.

Good luck

I changed over my stock 987 Cayman S brake ducts to GT3 ones from Pelican Parts - about the easiest job I've tackled so far! And cheap too.

Thanks Barks, i'm thinking of ordering a clutch kit for my 987.2 S, from Pelican just to keep it in stock for when it goes.  (apparently about 60K is the life of them, give or take)

It's good also to see Pelican now offer three different choices for shipment.    I will have a look at the ducts might be worth throwing them in as well. 

Do you happen to have a part number?

Edited by Niko

I've got the motor out of the 951 for a couple of weeks so I decided to strip & clean the turbo (To4E). I dropped off the turbine housing, downpipe and some heat shields to be ceramic coated yesterday along with the front anti roll bar to be powder- coated. The photo shows the coked oil that accumulates in the CHRA. Has anyone used a Sydney turbo shop they'd recommend for CHRA assembled balancing work ?

20170325_151830_zpsg6dyhen7.jpg

20170325_151822_zpsuhapofyc.jpg

20170325_160041_zpskyijxsdo.jpg

The postie just delivered another part of my current rare parts collection from Germany aka the refurbished LHD manual steering rack. The tie rods, ends, boots and one of the mounts arrived from the US last week. Just waiting on the steering linkage to arrive now.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this feels in my track car since my research showed up some quite differing opinions. As usual though, opinions aside, I want to see for myself how it works with my setup. Hopefully I will like it well enough to retain it, I'd certainly be happy to bin the powersteering clutter and associated leaks.

20170328_122948-1280x800_zpsnstciik6.jpg