What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Taking the GT2 for a nice drive in the country tomorrow. 

Breakfast in Benalla and then on to ... well ... a place to spank it and unleash my inner Stefan.  

Dampers on rigid and the "SC + TC off" button engaged. 

The aim is to leave only enough tread depth to get it home as its still got the tyres it was delivered on in 2009.  A little on the granitic side of hard shall we say. 

Will be seeking to get heat into them ...

Breakfast in Benalla and then on to ... well ... a place to spank it and unleash my inner Stefan.  

The aim is to leave only enough tread depth to get it home as its still got the tyres it was delivered on in 2009.  A little on the granitic side of hard shall we say. 

Old tyres need a proper send off...lots of smoke. 

Edited by Harvs11

Not sure if he's talking about Stefan or his tyres...

Edited by TrevMcRev

Did 530 km in the GT2 today,  

Made a few calls, adjusted the AC to a comfortable setting ... 8.9 l/100km. 

Got to Winton, saddled up and took the thing for a scream.  29,9 l/100km!

Tried really hard to light up the rears drift style. Managed it once.  Just too much grip at the rear.

So decided I'd try and cut a lap or 2 (or 7).  Managed a respectable 1.36 on Sport Cup 2's and all nannies set to off.

Came in and all 4 discs we're doing a minor Mt Etna.  The rears more than the fronts.  Understandable given it uses the rear brakes to distribute drive.

Parked it and got to business in the IROC.

Day done, into the GT2, tunes on. 

At peace.

Did 530 km in the GT2 today,  

Made a few calls, adjusted the AC to a comfortable setting ... 8.9 l/100km. 

Got to Winton, saddled up and took the thing for a scream.  29,9 l/100km!

Tried really hard to light up the rears drift style. Managed it once.  Just too much grip at the rear.

So decided I'd try and cut a lap or 2 (or 7).  Managed a respectable 1.36 on Sport Cup 2's and all nannies set to off.

Came in and all 4 discs we're doing a minor Mt Etna.  The rears more than the fronts.  Understandable given it uses the rear brakes to distribute drive.

Parked it and got to business in the IROC.

Day done, into the GT2, tunes on. 

At peace.

good-day-ice-cube-woke-up-n-drove-fast-p

• 2 weeks later...

Did a seal replacement on the power steering pump and replaced the master cylinder for the clutch, bleeding the hydraulics for the clutch is a nightmare on a 944 if you haven't got a power bleeder, no i haven't got one.......

Test drive was all good;)

Did a seal replacement on the power steering pump and replaced the master cylinder for the clutch, bleeding the hydraulics for the clutch is a nightmare on a 944 if you haven't got a power bleeder, no i haven't got one.......

Test drive was all good;)

Remove the starter to give yourself some room and find a buddy to press the clutch pedal while you twist the nipple...easy peazy ;-)

Remove the starter to give yourself some room and find a buddy to press the clutch pedal while you twist the nipple...easy peazy ;-)

Yeah right, this is the second one ive done and it doesn't get any easier Timm.......:mellow:

After having a new set of rear diff oil seals installed, I found out I had deeper transaxle issues, so out came the transaxle.

No matter how many different manuals you read or web searches you do, not all the detailed information you need to pull one of these suckers out is mentioned. Got the results needed, it heads down to Syd on Friday for some much needed loving and an LSD, than I have to put the little fella back in again. :huh:

IMG_1229_zpsk1sxhsc5.jpg

IMG_1230_zpswiqjmh0c.jpg

So I've been busy rebuilding my 924 engine. Below is a photo after I finally managed to get the engine back in position. Last weekend I connected all the engine ancillaries. This weekend coming I'm hoping to start the car for the first time in over a year. 

924engine.jpg

Replaced the injectors on my 928 and seem to have fixed a chronic hot start issue. It would start with pedal on the floor (as per the owner's manual as it happens) , however it used to start instantly hot as well as cold.

I'm assuming one or more was leaking.

Car drives just as well as it always has. Vroom!

I know these cars are meant for driving pleasure but I do like a good stereo, I bought and fitted some Infinity KAPPA 462.11cfp for the front as my favourite speaker company (DLS) didn't do suitable 4x6" ones, I liked the Infinity so I bought another pair for the rears on my 89 944 Cabriolet, to try and improve on the shocking original install ( a metal plate which leaves the speakers floating with absolutely no kind baffle to separate front and rear sound waves of the speaker)

The old JBL speakers the PO had fitted were a multi fit speaker with a plastic mounting plate, so I used this plate and bonded it to the rear panels with Polyurethane sealant/adhesive, it has captive nuts so it's easy to fit and remove the speaker when needed, plan for today if to fit them and tune the Hifonics Eagle 45x5 watt amp along with the Focal slimline sub mounted under the dash,

I would like to post pictures but I can't as they are too big, how do other people post photos?