What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Took the Recaro LS's out of the 2.4S ready for the new owner. 

Test fitted the 2 ST replica's to go back in.  Looks great  

Started fabricating the mounts but need to now mount the sliding rails on the seats before final fit.

My mate says I have a knack of having a crack at the most crappy jobs on cars as he puts fitting non standard seats in his top 5.

So after 3 years of rattling windows in the 928 I bought new guides and got stuck in.

The bottom of the guide tube sits on a plug with surrounding rubber bushing which was also toast,  so I used some spare tubing which worked just fine.

Of course there's a bit of fiddling to adjust it right , and firing up the motor now & again 'cos playing with power windows is a sure fire way to flatten the battery Aziz.

Whilst I was there I carefully readjusted the door lock mechanism, which used to automatically lock with either the motor attached or not. The first day I got the car the wind blew the door shut and I was locked out with no spare keys. A gnarly though ultimately fishing story followed...Since then I've been very careful , plus had a backup plan.

Have to do the other side of everything otherwise it will get jealous.

http://imgur.com/a/ZWd8z

Tabs , angles , rubber , fine 80s German overengineering!

http://imgur.com/a/ZWd8z

Another task and well on the way to "finishing" the shark now.

Long time listener first time poster...............................................

Today I put a new hatch seal on the 944S2 (purchased from Only 944), swapped out the shitty gunky LaBraer tar pit seals (now that is one fu#@ed up, messy job) from around the taillights & put in the new rubber seals from Only 944, & put a new gasket around the hood crest.  Car looks much nicer now.........................

Not a big change but i wasn't a fan of the tint that'd been done on my car seemingly many years back. It had a weird metallic look to it that almost mirrored in certain lights. So yesterday i had it removed and replaced. Much nicer tint now, more subtle and suits the car far better. Managed to find a gap in the traffic for a quick blast of my local 'circuit' which is always a nice way to break up the week!

A week off getting my 77 C3 back from a full bare metal respray ... and I sold it.

Happy vendor and new to Porsche owner. 

White on black, factory sport seats, Zuffenhaus steering wheel, sunroof, short stroke 3.2 on webers, 78 930 Turbo brakes.  If he's going to be new to Porsche, he may as well start with a few tasty mods already done - along with the fresh Skunkwerks paint job.

Will apply some of the funds toward the 2.8 RSR carbon car which is now under way..  

A week off getting my 77 C3 back from a full bare metal respray ... and I sold it.

Happy vendor and new to Porsche owner. 

White on black, factory sport seats, Zuffenhaus steering wheel, sunroof, short stroke 3.2 on webers, 78 930 Turbo brakes.  If he's going to be new to Porsche, he may as well start with a few tasty mods already done - along with the fresh Skunkwerks paint job.

Will apply some of the funds toward the 2.8 RSR carbon car which is now under way..  

Congrats, but where's the build thread??? Thought you were chopping up the C3 so what's the donor car now? PFA will die a slow death without some juicy build threads so post up!

Congrats, but where's the build thread??? Thought you were chopping up the C3 so what's the donor car now? PFA will die a slow death without some juicy build threads so post up!

Done.  Hunting up some pics of the early body build but it will be based on a 77S shell.

Over a "few" reds on Friday we settled on the big picture.

Carbon will replace:-

1. Front guards

2. Bonnet

3. Front and rear bumpers

4. Rear guards

5. Engine lid

6. Roof

7. Door skins

Have located slide injection and high stacks for it, 12 plug 2.8 with 11.5:1 comp, have original RSR cams and cam boxes. GT3 crank, Carillo's and GT3 oil pump.  All balanced so it can turn to 8000 all day.  MSD electrics.

Headers will be tuned and the exhaust will use 100 cell cats instead of mufflers for that SC/RS sound.  We just made a set for a mates IROC car and they are a thing of beauty.

Braid 9" on front and 11" on the back, big reds on front and Boxster rears.  Electric power steering. Power windows.  Perspex glass save for front.  Heated front screen.

915 box with all the weak bits strengthened, straight cut gears and a very tight LSD.  Will be shit on the road but good for bragging.  Spool anyone?

Bars will be adjustable blades adapted from some 997 Cup car bits we had handy (we were thinking in car adjustable but that 50/50).

HID headlights (or whatever will fry the eyeballs of some NoDoze popping trucker who forgets to turn down is stadium lights on the Hume)

Oh, and it will have AC.  One of those new trick ones recently covered in Classic Porsche magazine.

Color will be GT Silver.  Martini stripes on the agenda but not sure.

Taget weight 800 kg.  Engine output around a torquey 330 at the flywheel.

No hoop roll bar.

That's just be over the top and silly ....

Failed miserably (again) trying to get the momo off the 73.

Fixed the door lock mechanism on the 87 that had me climbing through the passenger side to lock the driver's door.

Didn't quite muster the motivation to pull the battery out of the GTS to charge the damn thing. Almost started first time, almost.

Failed miserably (again) trying to get the momo off the 73.

Fixed the door lock mechanism on the 87 that had me climbing through the passenger side to lock the driver's door.

Didn't quite muster the motivation to pull the battery out of the GTS to charge the damn thing. Almost started first time, almost.

@gut, assume you know the 928 has a battery charge point post in the engine bay? Left hand side, half way up with a flimsy plastic cover over it

@gut, assume you know the 928 has a battery charge point post in the engine bay? Left hand side, half way up with a flimsy plastic cover over it

Ha! You learn something new every day.

Thanks.

If only there was a powerpoint in the garage.

Normally I would but the Mary Stuart look is right up there with the pig ugly 959 in the crap looking Porsche stakes. And that from someone who's owned a previous gen Panamera ...

...is the correct answer. Except I like the 959. Anyhow, start a thread and grab some pix already.

Going up a main road today in a middle lane thinking to myself just how well the old shark was humming , there was a failure to proceed moment. Like a plane losing its propeller , somewhat awkward but I managed to coast to one side just in front of a bus stop without being hit .

Engine cranked fine but no vroom. Flipped the bonnet , coil wires all good. Pulled the carpet , checked the fuel pump fuse = all good. Swapped the old FP relay for the new one in the glovebox = no cigar. Hit the battery ground disconnect switch and back on = vroom.

I'm thinking old fuel pump relay , a common cause of a sudden death problem. Over engineered in the earlier cars , but stops fuel a- pumping when the engine dies eg in an accident.

Anyway I've popped a spare fuel pump in the boot just in case . probably should drop a coil in there too. Hey , it's an old supercar - but eminently fixable without an RAC card :D

Oh and I just ordered another spare FP relay, a boy scout reflex - even thought I was never in that club.

At the end of the day a jumper wire will get you home , but it's better to have the real McCoy in the glovebox.

Going up a main road today in a middle lane thinking to myself just how well the old shark was humming , there was a failure to proceed moment. Like a plane losing its propeller , somewhat awkward but I managed to coast to one side just in front of a bus stop without being hit .

Engine cranked fine but no vroom. Flipped the bonnet , coil wires all good. Pulled the carpet , checked the fuel pump fuse = all good. Swapped the old FP relay for the new one in the glovebox = no cigar. Hit the battery ground disconnect switch and back on = vroom.

I'm thinking old fuel pump relay , a common cause of a sudden death problem. Over engineered in the earlier cars , but stops fuel a- pumping when the engine dies eg in an accident.

Anyway I've popped a spare fuel pump in the boot just in case . probably should drop a coil in there too. Hey , it's an old supercar - but eminently fixable without an RAC card :D

Oh and I just ordered another spare FP relay, a boy scout reflex - even thought I was never in that club.

At the end of the day a jumper wire will get you home , but it's better to have the real McCoy in the glovebox.

Bugger!! glad was "easily" fixed :)