What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Living in the burbs amongst the latte set, I drove my baby across town today...way across,  into the wilderness actually... to a place time has forgot. Roads were narrow, no street lights and the local fauna sounded like a Jurassic movie set. Yes, I ventured & trekked out to warrandyte. And... I've left the car in the woods, say forest, maybe jungle is better... Why have I done such a crazy thing? Getting a custom muffler fitted & a sports cat added!! The guy has his workshop out there in them thar hills! I think the driveway was at least 300m of dirt! (In case you're not sure, I'm not a bush bashing type)

gone for the week, the garage is now empty. ..:wacko:

Here's a thread:

Let the excitement & anticipation commence,...:P

Drilled two holes in the seat mounts ...

Only took 2 hours. 

Measure.

Check.

Measure some more ...

Check ...

centre punch to locate drill bit.

Measure.

Check.

A couple of Hail  Mary's - drill.

2 holes.

Fitted test bolts to check location.  Eased seat into position.  BP 180/100 ...

Bingo!  Holes lined up.  Stopped.  Walked across to the bar fridge.  Corona time.  

Lights off.  Went home 

Next week I'll do two more. Should be done by Christmas.

Drilled two holes in the seat mounts ...

Only took 2 hours. 

Measure.

Check.

Measure some more ...

Check ...

centre punch to locate drill bit.

Measure.

Check.

A couple of Hail  Mary's - drill.

2 holes.

Fitted test bolts to check location.  Eased seat into position.  BP 180/100 ...

Bingo!  Holes lined up.  Stopped.  Walked across to the bar fridge.  Corona time.  

Lights off.  Went home 

Next week I'll do two more. Should be done by Christmas.

We dont believe you without the photos  ;)   You outsourced the work 

Washed my car twice today , one before cars and coffee and once afterwards…oh and went for a coffee in-between.. Feeling a little perky this evening 

New Top speakers in the doors  TT today, the paper Nokias  has rotted away over time .. upgraded and punchy .. best $50 bucks, I have spent in a while .. probably 45 mins to fit all up .. no cutting of wires or car.     Great quality speakers  http://au.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?r=243-FRS8M-8OHM    for anyone looking who has Hifi two speaker setup in their car .

Happy man with happy tunes

Both seats in.  

Back is farked.

Car looks a  TREAT with the ST seats. 

I also have concussion and a 1.5 cm split in my scalp ... loads of claret. 

Straightened up a fraction too early.

Tufflift 1

Skidmarks 0 ...

New Top speakers in the doors  TT today, the paper Nokias  has rotted away over time .. upgraded and punchy .. best $50 bucks, I have spent in a while .. probably 45 mins to fit all up .. no cutting of wires or car.     Great quality speakers  http://au.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?r=243-FRS8M-8OHM    for anyone looking who has Hifi two speaker setup in their car .

Happy man with happy tunes

Play Pretzel Logic to test the suckers. 

Edited by Skidmarks

I also have concussion and a 1.5 cm split in my scalp ... loads of claret. 

Straightened up a fraction too early

I did that on the corner of a low hanging air conditioner onsite last week. That rang my bell!

try fitting baby seats...

Been there, done that.

I fitted 2 full size Safe'n'Sound units in the back of my 73E.  They were a bit loose so I substituted the bolts for eye bolts and augmented the restraints with 1.5 inch ratchet straps.

Got loads of positive feedback at a Typ 901 event but glad Capt Plod was nowhere to be seen ...

Saturday evening + cold beer - checking fluids and tyre pressures before a Sunday morning drive. 

Hello, what's this shiny thing attached to my rear Michelin tread .....

Bugger

The idea of a Sunday drive faded as I pulled out a 50mm (polished) philips set screw and listened to the slow hissing of escaping air.

Bugger, but at least it happened in my garage and not halfway along the Bruce Highway with no spare or jack, just a stupid bag of goo and a prayer......  

Guess where I'm going to on Monday morning!

Had a fuel pump wiring problem too far from home. Weird, as it was fine till we stopped for a drink and eats, then just wouldnt fire up. Bastard! Thanks to StewF, AndrewW and the RAA guy ( road side assistance) to ensure I didn't have to sleep in the car and help getting me home. Cheers lads

Small mod tonight but a good solution to something that had been bugging me. When i bought my 964 it had a Momo Mod 07. Love the wheel - the dish puts it in the absolutely perfect position - but I always felt the bright yellow Momo logo was a bit Fast and the Furious for my liking.

Now the yellow is no longer, replaced with a beautifully subtle, debossed Momo logo.

Momo Mod 07

Edited by Andy73

Hello everyone - long time listener.....

Checked in on the old girl today. Getting "the big refresh" at Autohaus. Had her since 2004 and the rebuild has been 4 odd years in the making (and cash flow prep!).

She got pretty smokey towards the end but never failed. Amazing.

Tried to attach a few photos - managed none.

Anyway bottom end back together. New heads back yesterday with all the bolts and other bits cadmium coated. Doing the trailing arms and bushes as well front end. New clutch (original rubber centre finally gave out), front brake calipers and master cylinder (failed in drive way - lucky) all had it after nearly 30 years.

Looking forward to getting her back and seeing how much HP had slipped away over the years.

Cheers all

Stuey

Edited by Stuey
No photos attached

Drove along to my local Porsche centre for an info night/ speak by a head/ mechanic/ trainer from Melbourne. He explained a lot about the new tech on a lot of the new Porsche cars - PDK, Turboing (why they had to do it, apparently a lot to do with direct injection and having to move valves around and make them smaller to make everything fit in there....), steels/ alloys the cars are made up from, sensors, computers and controls. The new cars are mind boggling complex!! The cars do so much you just sit there..... I left wondering why they need to be so complex (the engine side I can see, but the rest....??)

Edited by ANF

Hello everyone - long time listener.....

Tried to attach a few photos - managed none.

Hey Stuey. 

Your best best for photos is to upload them to something like Flickr and then copy and past the links into your post.

Cheers!

We dont believe you without the photos  ;)   You outsourced the work 

They're in.  I'm a legend.

Now have to fit seat belts as the Recaro's had them mounted on the seat.

I'll let my chequebook handle that as it involves welding and knowing me I'd treat it like a boost dial and turn the welder up to 11 and blow a hole in the floor.

They're in.  I'm a legend.

Now have to fit seat belts as the Recaro's had them mounted on the seat.

I'll let my chequebook handle that as it involves welding and knowing me I'd treat it like a boost dial and turn the welder up to 11 and blow a hole in the floor.

Spanner satisfaction Skids  - you enjoy the moment