What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

After being embarrased and recieving comments  about my "dirty". BBC at DAK DAK yesterday,:(

I gave it a big tub this morning and finished off with some CONTACT final detailer.:)

OH and did the wheels in Mr Sheen...:P

My Missus is out shopping and I'm chaffing at the bit for her to get home, so we can head off for a little drive.:PissedOff:   

I love driving it when it looks like it just came out of the showroom.:wub:

Probably attack the snot gobblers down in Flinders.....:rolleyes:

Come on ....Mrs Niko.......come home :Sweating:

Showed my (new to me) 996.2 to a fellow aspiring 996.2 owner.  Think I've convinced him to look for a 996.2 instead of a Maserati, so good job.  Hell of a nice guy to boot, so all good :)

That's my community service done for the week.....:rolleyes:

Oh, and more importantly, I put my PFA and Porsche Club Tas decals on the car - PFA on the drivers side rear side window, PCT on the drivers side of rear window.......

• 2 weeks later...

Remember last weeks Vic SMT organised by Doug?

Well I decided to give the 996 a wash today as it was a bit grubby after SWLTDF gave it a thrashing - (I mean exercised it). After the wash saw a lot of small black spots all over the back bumper that wouldn't wipe off easily.  Turned out to be tar spots - probably from Lake Mountain. Had to use some solvent to get it off so then gave it a light cut buff followed by some Mothers California Gold polish to protect it and make that sucker shine.

So what's making me happy? Put the 996 on the hoist and lifted it up to a very usable height which saved my back and made the job a lot easier.

AtoW0vk.jpg

G23LxWQ.jpg

Only problem now is I'll probably have to do the rest of the car tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Well I decided to give the 996 a wash today as it was a bit grubby after SWLTDF gave it a thrashing - (I mean exercised it). After the wash saw a lot of small black spots all over the back bumper that wouldn't wipe off easily.  Turned out to be tar spots - probably from Lake Mountain. Had to use some solvent to get it off so then gave it a light cut buff followed by some Mothers California Gold polish to protect it and make that sucker shine.

So what's making me happy? Put the 996 on the hoist and lifted it up to a very usable height which saved my back and made the job a lot easier.

AtoW0vk.jpg

Mmmmmm garage goals. 

Had the same bloody tar on my car, I used Bowden’s Ta Ta Tar works a treat. I also hear Mr Sheen is the go for tar removal. But I not that brave enough to use it.

2 hours ago, Airhead said:

AtoW0vk.jpg

G23LxWQ.jpg

Only problem now is I'll probably have to do the rest of the car tomorrow.

@Airhead I would kill for your garage and hoist - nice !

See my post under the thread for the drive, I had the same shite all over my car; @Fraz I might give the Bowdens stuff a run

Thanks @D-banger for organizing the drive, great conditions, great cars and great people. 

Did anyone else who went up to Lake Mountain have bitumen all over their car? I finally cleaned mine yesterday and the rims have a covering baked onto them, I will need to take the rims off to clean them! @#$&*

happy new year everyone, all the best for 2018

image.png

29 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Spent the day washing cars.  Spoke not a word to anyone for 7 hours.  Bliss. 

Then grabbed the 930 and “exercised” it down the coast. 

A good day. 

Sounds like the perfect day to me.  I unfortunately replaced a verandah post which was a satisfying job when it was all concreted in and painted but not a job I love doing

On 2 January 2018 at 10:05 PM, Ozvino said:

@Airhead I would kill for your garage and hoist - nice !

See my post under the thread for the drive, I had the same shite all over my car; @Fraz I might give the Bowdens stuff a run

Thanks @D-banger for organizing the drive, great conditions, great cars and great people. 

Did anyone else who went up to Lake Mountain have bitumen all over their car? I finally cleaned mine yesterday and the rims have a covering baked onto them, I will need to take the rims off to clean them! @#$&*

happy new year everyone, all the best for 2018

image.png

Yep went up for a run with the same result black spots everywhere.

Will put it up on the hoist on the wk end and start the process.Fortunately on inspection it doesn't appear to bad.

On the subject of hoists I bought one on EBay for $2100.00 ,picked it up in on a trailer and assembled it myself with no problems. Has been the best tool for working on cars.

2 hours ago, deano said:

Airhead are you happy with the Tuflift?

And Rod, was your's new?

(i'm debating fitting a 2 post hoist to my new garage, but don't know if I want the space more, not tripping over it, or want the useability more)....

Only used it a couple of times so far but all good. I had to get the one with the floor cable as didn't have enough height under the ceiling beams to fit the over head model in the position I wanted it. Good price and got them to install as no way I could do it. 2 hours and the job was done.

Picked up the last piece of my MFI puzzle today.

I’ve been chasing a full MFI system for my ‘73S for months. Finally I have a complete system with spares.

Ideally, I’d have an aluminium bodied MFI pump (they changed from magnesium to aluminium in July 72). So, if anyone has any leads, let me know.

Time for a change from the Sparco race seats, and have had these laying around for a while that I bought from Boys Own Garage (think they're Scheel Strats or something like that). Will have the centre's retrimmed in a corduroy of some sort, and dye the sides black eventually

20180103_164134.jpg

Fixed the AC on the 930 today.

Wasn't blowing cold.   Yes, I know, as a diagnostic on a G series that's not definitive ...

Turns out compressor not engaging.

Checked the fuse and relay.  Looked OK.  Checked at the back and bingo,  loose connector.

Plugged in.  Compressor now engages.

Excellent!.  Now, let check the sucker is blowing cooler air.  

Nope ... needs a regas.  FARK!

Anyway, here's a pic of the car.

F534B57B-A9F1-456D-A51E-005FCAB42D3B_zps

83815F95-0DD0-4951-92CE-8528100938D9_zps

12 minutes ago, Niko said:

I think Photobucket have just clouted you with ...

their pay us some money or lose your photos

Time to move to FLICKR

Seriously!???  I went to the $100 plan and still ....

Shows up on my PC when I go to the post ...

Ar$eholes.

4 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Seriously!???  I went to the $100 plan and still ....

Shows up on my PC when I go to the post ...

Ar$eholes.

Yep, they have fleeced you!!

You can host your own domain for way less than that, most of them have their own website builders/ photo galleries too!

Plus email addresses as well...

5 minutes ago, ANF said:

Yep, they have fleeced you!!

You can host your own domain for way less than that, most of them have their own website builders/ photo galleries too!

Plus email addresses as well...

I’ve cancelled the account. 

On 4 January 2018 at 4:27 PM, deano said:

Airhead are you happy with the Tuflift?

And Rod, was your's new?

(i'm debating fitting a 2 post hoist to my new garage, but don't know if I want the space more, not tripping over it, or want the useability more)....

Yes Deano mine was new and what I can gather they seem to be all the same style of construction and design with the importers putting their own stickers on and spinning  their own sellers pitch. I did upgrade the anchor bolts as I couldn't get the exact drill bit for there bolts and didn't want to comprise . Very basic to put together.

Just fixed the hood on our Boxster.  The usual problem of the elastic losing it's elasticity and not pulling the hood in behind the plastic bit on the back curve of the window.  Useful clip on Youtube as per below.  Looks like someone had tried to undo the bolts that hold the end of the elastic to one of the hood bows and stripped the inside of the bolts - looks like may be 2.5mm allen key or perhaps a Torx head???  Anyway, one was 1/2 undone so i just burnt a hole in the end of the elastic and slipped it over it, the other one was still done up so I had to double the elastic around the bow and sew both ends to the hood.  May have to redo the one that's just slipped over the bolt if it slips off.   So, a relatively easy job that my wife had been nagging me to do for months, took about 40 minutes, so good use of time tonight :rolleyes: