What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

31 minutes ago, Philbee said:

So you’ve extended the gear stick by 150mm...!? wow, doesn’t that make the throw/shift really long? I reckon the stock one is long enough, too long when going for it.

Ends up being about 100mm with 50 being inside the stick. It does create a longer throw, though I'm yet to drive with it and will adjust accordingly. I'm over 6 foot and it's a little annoying stretch to change gears (hate feeling cramped of I move the seat forward) so I'm just trying this to see if it works ok. If it doesn't, I'll try something else

• 2 weeks later...

New tyres on the ‘73.  The wheels are 15x7&8.

I went with the Pirelli Cinturato CN36

Front 185/70 R15

Rear 215/60 R15

Same tyre that Porsche specified back in ‘73 but with modern construction and compound.

They replaced some very old Yokohama A-drives. 

With the higher profile the car feels quite different in a very good way. I’m yet to drive on them with gusto but I’m very happy with the look and feel so far.

E474E106-A85D-466C-A8FE-DD3A598ECD90.thumb.jpeg.67dca68bb246c7d65ddc9ec1337c6a60.jpeg

31 minutes ago, GUT said:

New tyres on the ‘73.  The wheels are 15x7&8.

I went with the Pirelli Cinturato CN36

Front 185/70 R15

Rear 215/60 R15

Same tyre that Porsche specified back in ‘73 but with modern construction and compound.

They replaced some very old Yokohama A-drives. 

With the higher profile the car feels quite different in a very good way. I’m yet to drive on them with gusto but I’m very happy with the look and feel so far.

E474E106-A85D-466C-A8FE-DD3A598ECD90.thumb.jpeg.67dca68bb246c7d65ddc9ec1337c6a60.jpeg

Old school tread pattern looks correct on old school cars 

On 22/01/2019 at 20:50, James P said:

Hope its ok.. What happened? 

AOS gave up the ghost. Was smoking like crazy, so engine out to replace. Happened Saturday in the last session (was getting worse through the day) so I had to sit out of PCV on Sunday unfortunately  

Didnt go any more ponies but did put a LSD in while it was easy to get to. 

Got the 924T back on Friday after having the timing belt, water pump and rollers replaced.

It's needed it since I bought it so have only driven it very sparingly and not so spiritedly ...

All of the road tests I've read said that it runs its best from 5,500rpm and I've always worried about the belt snapping. .... until now ... :cool07:

7 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Got the 924T back on Friday after having the timing belt, water pump and rollers replaced.

It's needed it since I bought it so have only driven it very sparingly and not so spiritedly ...

All of the road tests I've read said that it runs its best from 5,500rpm and I've always worried about the belt snapping. .... until now ... :cool07:

Well it's about bloody time...........

1 hour ago, Philbee said:

Very nice. So where’s the pic? Don’t be shy....

Im feeling a bit silly, ive replaced the paint and the "carrera" script plust ive removed the 930 tail.

Well the orriginal car has no script and a tail. Granted its a different tail.