What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

7 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Gave the grey rims a spray with "Liquid Chrome" hahhaha yeah right. About as chrome as a mild polished alloy mixed with ol skool silver frost. I knew it'd come out like that and I'm really happy with it! Little outing around to Dbah for a photo opB)

fSWhc9Z.jpg

I've always liked that chrome spray paint finish on rims. Love your car too 👍(still think you should try some red 550 spyder graphics ontop of the front guards though 😁)

9 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Gave the grey rims a spray with "Liquid Chrome" hahhaha yeah right. About as chrome as a mild polished alloy mixed with ol skool silver frost. I knew it'd come out like that and I'm really happy with it! Little outing around to Dbah for a photo opB)

fSWhc9Z.jpg

Looks pretty similar to the "Wheel Silver" paint I used to use on the spoke wheels on my MGB.  Still got some tucked away, might come in handy still one day.....

Love the wheels on this car though TS!!!

The old Liquid Chrome hey!? Brings back memorys ....  i used to use it on my first car’s wheels - an XC GS Falcon.  Gotta say though, provided you prep the area well & dont spray like a moron, whilst no-one would ever mistake it for chrome, it does give a pretty nice finish.

Looks great on your wheels @TwoHeadsTas  👍

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

I've always liked that chrome spray paint finish on rims. Love your car too 👍(still think you should try some red 550 spyder graphics ontop of the front guards though 😁)

Thanks Lee, nah I can't do that, it's too tryhard, The early ol skool Coxster is just a suggestion of the Spyder I reckon

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Looks pretty similar to the "Wheel Silver" paint I used to use on the spoke wheels on my MGB.  Still got some tucked away, might come in handy still one day.....

Love the wheels on this car though TS!!!

Thanks mate. Steelies are the go on this to get an old sports car look (with big plastic bumpers hahha) It's a pretty bright finish which was what I was after.

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

The old Liquid Chrome hey!? Brings back memorys ....  i used to use it on my first car’s wheels - an XC GS Falcon.  Gotta say though, provided you prep the area well & dont spray like a moron, whilst no-one would ever mistake it for chrome, it does give a pretty nice finish.

Looks great on your wheels @TwoHeadsTas  👍

Don't spray like a moron, now that resonates with me hahah. The surface was the original grey finish so I prepped that and away I went. One coat looked as chrome as you could get and 2nd coat was a bit darker but still chromelike. I could have stopped there as the most chrome like but 2 coats isn't enough for me so another coat and that made it more silver and with a dusty frost that I wiped off before the last coat and the last made it more silver and brighter again but not chromelike. A final dust off and ends up a bit better and brighter than the 60's/70's silver frost we used on our bikes as kids. Very happy! 3 cans in total $60. And I didn't even have to remove the tyres. No overspray by jamming playing cards all around the rim then masking tyre face.

I got my 968 back from Buchanan Auto late this week after getting a new radiator and the transmission cooler diversion that they suggested. 

I may jokingly diss the air cooled cars and give them a hard time for being technical dinosaurs but now having spent over $2k on a new radiator, I'm beginning to think that they have one less thing to fail.....

And I believe that I've inadvertently started on the road of a back date.... It's not a 968 radiator but rather a 944 one. (I can't recall Bruce's reasons for this and it made sense at the time and I have no doubt they're still valid.)

I'm now looking for a 911 whale tail 😀 

2 hours ago, Jim45 said:

Service today - nothing really exciting. Usual oil and all filters.

Decided to change the Transmission fluid so will see f it help with the sometimes notchy gear change. Redline 75w90 - see how we go.

Rapidly approaching 150k km and all is well.

Jim.

I treated mine to a service yesterday as well...5000km since I had the IMS Solution done (when I bought the car) and all going well.It has turned into a Daily Driver 😉

They wouldn’t fit on the mini so the fat 70mm of goodness had to go on the Sharkwerks for the GT3 , proper fitup next week , wasn’t up for laying in the driveway for another hour in the 30c heat .. missing my hoist 

61FF96DC-B1ED-43FB-8BBA-0316E972DED3.jpeg

510B447E-A004-4723-87E2-ACDBC64BC09C.jpeg

5BD0E9CA-A3F6-4434-A104-D9D92CD81217.jpeg

4 hours ago, jakroo said:

I got my 968 back from Buchanan Auto late this week after getting a new radiator and the transmission cooler diversion that they suggested. 

I may jokingly diss the air cooled cars and give them a hard time for being technical dinosaurs but now having spent over $2k on a new radiator, I'm beginning to think that they have one less thing to fail.....

And I believe that I've inadvertently started on the road of a back date.... It's not a 968 radiator but rather a 944 one. (I can't recall Bruce's reasons for this and it made sense at the time and I have no doubt they're still valid.)

I'm now looking for a 911 whale tail 😀 

Great idea, buy that whale tail & sell me your bridge spoiler.  Glad we've got that sorted😁

On 09/03/2019 at 16:27, symsy said:

They wouldn’t fit on the mini so the fat 70mm of goodness had to go on the Sharkwerks for the GT3 , proper fitup next week , wasn’t up for laying in the driveway for another hour in the 30c heat .. missing my hoist 

61FF96DC-B1ED-43FB-8BBA-0316E972DED3.jpeg

510B447E-A004-4723-87E2-ACDBC64BC09C.jpeg

5BD0E9CA-A3F6-4434-A104-D9D92CD81217.jpeg

Photos of the final job when they are available please Symsy.  Really like the understated look these will have....

On 12/03/2019 at 07:14, TwoHeadsTas said:

Photos of the final job when they are available please Symsy.  Really like the understated look these will have....

Slow progress hot in the garage up norf 33 yesterday , light tidy up and clean up , tips meet muffler or should I say nice looking bit of pipe 🤣

fit tommorow promise as long as I have sourced all the right hardware ..  can’t quite do the bush mechanic , coat hanger mod .. just not gonna cut it . 

Special word of the day Sharkwerks 

2C6DBFBD-C5D2-4A4E-B5C6-A77F53CC2A8B.jpeg

BD56DB94-6A21-4DF9-918C-C6B61DC412F8.jpeg

11 minutes ago, symsy said:

Slow progress hot in the garage up norf 33 yesterday , light tidy up and clean up , tips meet muffler or should I say nice looking but if pipe 🤣

fit tommorow promise as long as I have sourced all the right hardware ..  can’t quite do the bush mechanic , coat hanger mod .. just not gonna cut it . 

Special word of the day Sharkwerks 

2C6DBFBD-C5D2-4A4E-B5C6-A77F53CC2A8B.jpeg

BD56DB94-6A21-4DF9-918C-C6B61DC412F8.jpeg

look out Mrs Symsy when he comes back from his first Sharky drive

On 09/03/2019 at 19:32, Jason E said:

Great idea, buy that whale tail & sell me your bridge spoiler.  Glad we've got that sorted😁

Nice try but I'll keep the original one just incase somone wants return the car to near original.  Afterall, one man's ideal whale tail is another man's nightmare. 🐋🐋

13 hours ago, jakroo said:

Nice try but I'll keep the original one just incase somone wants return the car to near original.  Afterall, one man's ideal whale tail is another man's nightmare. 🐋🐋

Was worth a shot...:ph34r:

I'm crap at anything electrical, yet tried to have a go at sorting the on again off again fuel relay problem to no avail. This is REALLY giving me the shits! 

Works, doesn't work. Works, doesn't work... 🤬

I've spread the relay pins out, cleaned and lightly filed the plug receptacles, changed relays, fuses, even changed the plug the relay sits in and its STILL intermittent cold or hot. Jiggle the relay and sometimes that works to get the car started, so it has to be there and not at the pump, because if it won't start, I hot wire the pump just to get me home

Anyone in Adelaide know a good sparky that knows these bloody things before I burn it? 🤬

55 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Hey lee have you done the same thing to the pump connections and cleaned the eart contacts

Pump is down on steering rack cross member

I haven't as yet mate, as I've always just jiggled the relay and plug and its fired up, then I just leave it in the shed and get the sooks on. After last Sunday, it won't start no matter what I do to it.

The first time it happened miles from home (sorry again Stew and Andrew) , the RAA bloke hot wired a fused link from the battery to the pump, so I just use that in an emergency.

I'll get into it a bit deeper this weekend before I pour a can of unleaded over it