What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

After picking up my car a couple of weeks ago sent it to AH to have a couple of things sorted ie starter motor was noisy. I was in no rush so got them to also give me a list of future items to be done over the next 6-12 months. Fortunately its a short list and nothing major just suspension rubbers cv boots etc which I expected.

I was very happy to pick it up and take the long way back to the office on a perfect sunny Wed morning. I had a smile on my face all day. I love this car and I know it will be a long affair. Can’t wait to get it out on a long twisty SMT in the next few weeks 😍

2CA6B333-363F-4E10-B13D-B6FB290994D0.jpeg

86F7A31D-BB47-49E8-A847-8DAA23FF7A7C.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Black over red :wub::wub::wub:

For all the shit I gave @edgy about dog dicks when he bought his fried eggs, I love it.

AU delivered originally Moca over 928 velour beige. I like it like this.

a snap to keep you interested 

F9AC7627-E355-4069-8FD7-11BF1F5566CD.jpeg

This is where it looks so good, the correct amount of black in all the right places, not like the later WC ints where they just open the door and chuck a bucket of red paint over everything. I had a 993TT Black with Boxster red int and it had the black in pretty much the exact same places as your SC. 

Original speedo clear plastic was scuffed and cracked in parts (which really showed up when wearing polarized sunnies).

Pulled apart a spare cluster, and swapped the parts over. Was something that's been bugging me for a while.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Finally fitted my DAS Nine short shifter - a quick test drive before console reassembly to find out I had no reverse! A quick adjustment of the cable linkage (back to its original setting!) and all 6 plus reverse present. Nice direct shifting no slop.

3 hours ago, Barks said:

Finally fitted my DAS Nine short shifter - a quick test drive before console reassembly to find out I had no reverse! A quick adjustment of the cable linkage (back to its original setting!) and all 6 plus reverse present. Nice direct shifting no slop.

A man after my own heart.....I also had one fitted to the BBC yesterday by PCM, good that you could fit it yourself.  

Mine was in for a service so got it done at the same time.    Only drove it home with a bit of traffic on the freeway, but definitely "nice and tight".

Looking forward to a good drive around the mountains..

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:55, bwright_11 said:

Dropped my car and some parts off to the painters to get a clean engine lid (no whale tail) and "period-correct" valance (i.e. without the inset Carrera driving lights) colour matched and installed.

Picked my car up over the weekend...very happy with the new (old) look...1535723677_20190629_084018(2).thumb.jpg.7633e67846d26e66e49aab5ffc074633.jpg1855139517_20190629_084043(2).thumb.jpg.2de2954b20702fd24d8f703ebda660e5.jpg

Sent the Kodak Yellow 930 to Chateau Autoart as 3rd gear way crunchy and first was well, shite ...

Also, the Auspuff was a bit on the nose and I wanted a factory look so Dansk here I come.  

Then we looked at the exhaust manifolds and thought, “hey, why not a set of custom Fabspeed headers whilst we’re having a party?”.  Arrived today from the US of Donald and apparently a thing of rare beauty and refinement (unlike the El Presidente of the Twittersphere).  

Anyway, I said - “chuck it on the dyno as I think its a bit light in its race boots”.

Bad move.  I knew it was a bit off but not as bad as the “Skids, are you sitting down” call I got from Michael.

No boost, more doughy than a half cooked donut.  Apparently my 2.4S had more grunt.

So, the diagnosis ..

Wastegate diaphragm farked.

Turbo?  Let’s just say the shaft had more play than a 3 yo on red cordial.  Possibly OK to rebuild but we may have to go K27 11/11 ... I’m hoping its OK but won’t be gutted if we have to upgrade.

And with a case of “while we’re in there”, the whole shootin’ match is now coming apart for the full proctological review.

Lucky I sent it in to look at the dodgy gear change eh?

I bought my 964 with "nothing to spend". @Fraz had the car absolutely sorted and I couldn't have been happier. However, before long, my desire to put my own touches on it began to emerge. The number one item on the list has finally been added. Gold BBS E88's... Absolutely stoked with the result!

070719_08.jpg

52 minutes ago, edgy said:

I didn't do it, rather a fellow Sydney sider decided to try and give my 997 the 996 flat 1/4 panel look.... it kind of worked. 

Ouch.  (What's the asking price now then?!?) :)

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Ouch.  (What's the asking price now then?!?) :)

See heres the dilemma now, if they only pay to repair this one side (which I'm sure is the worse case scenario under insurance) the right side will look mismatched as its got wear & tear... so I am most likely going to take this opportunity to repair and repaint the entire car. I'm not sure how much out of pocket I'll be for that, but we will see what we can work out!

Its booked in next month, so I'll just deal with it as it eventuates... I am tired of trying to pre-empt outcomes with this fucking car... :lol: they never end well. 

4 hours ago, edgy said:

See heres the dilemma now, if they only pay to repair this one side (which I'm sure is the worse case scenario under insurance) the right side will look mismatched as its got wear & tear... so I am most likely going to take this opportunity to repair and repaint the entire car. I'm not sure how much out of pocket I'll be for that, but we will see what we can work out!

Its booked in next month, so I'll just deal with it as it eventuates... I am tired of trying to pre-empt outcomes with this fucking car... :lol: they never end well. 

Put it on the ins. co for a full respray.   I’ve seen it done when a branch fell on a workmates car.  Metallic paint couldn’t be properly matched so the whole car got done. 

21 hours ago, Andy73 said:

I bought my 964 with "nothing to spend". @Fraz had the car absolutely sorted and I couldn't have been happier. However, before long, my desire to put my own touches on it began to emerge. The number one item on the list has finally been added. Gold BBS E88's... Absolutely stoked with the result!

070719_08.jpg

Looks the goods Andy well suited, and patriotic go the green n gold oi oi oi!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, P-Kay said:

Bold move @Andy73

BBS look horn , but do me a favour and put some caps on them - pleeeeease :) 

Motorsport wheels mate. They don't come with centre caps. I will get adaptors at some point but will likely run them without centre caps anyway.