What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

On 20/05/2020 at 22:27, PDean said:

Was the anchor bolts supplied by MaxJax? When installing a 2 post hoist with standard base you need 150mm concrete thickness. If you only have 100mm thickness you need to have larger base with outriggers. Best bolts to use are 16mm X 140mm through bolts 👍

If you have a 9ft ceiling Bendpak do a 2 poster now

On 23/05/2020 at 14:25, LeeM said:

Sorry @9fanI hate to do it to anyone, yet as per the forum guidelines, you need to become a financial member before advertising, mentioning or hinting at anything you have for sale. 

I should be a FM I have had Kez making deductions since the PFA formed, I will follow up.

On 23/05/2020 at 14:25, LeeM said:

Sorry @9fanI hate to do it to anyone, yet as per the forum guidelines, you need to become a financial member before advertising, mentioning or hinting at anything you have for sale. 

Auto payments always made through Paypal last - 30 Aug 19 !

1 minute ago, StevepGT3 said:

the South Australian german influence has turned lee into the membership Nazi, often wrong, but never in doubt

It's like having a Porsche with a VW badge.

1 hour ago, 9fan said:

Auto payments always made through Paypal last - 30 Aug 19 !

This appears to be a common problem since late last year, something has gone wrong with the PFA auto payments, myself and many other long term auto renewal members have been demoted :(

2 hours ago, 9fan said:

I should be a FM I have had Kez making deductions since the PFA formed, I will follow up.

To be honest, I thought you were an FM. When a report is made about a post, we first look at the posters status. Yours said 'Member' not 'Financial Member'.

@Kerry @Orlando please looklook into this 

1 hour ago, StevepGT3 said:

the South Australian german influence has turned lee into the membership Nazi, often wrong, but never in doubt

Just doing my job mate 😁 When it's out of a moderator's hands, theres not much we can do about it if we're wrong

48 minutes ago, LeeM said:

To be honest, I thought you were an FM. When a report is made about a post, we first look at the posters status. Yours said 'Member' not 'Financial Member'.

Just doing my job mate 😁 When it's out of a moderator's hands, theres not much we can do about it if we're wrong

All good Lee, StevepGT3 just Jibing with a cheeky grin !

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

That’s what Himmler and Goering said  

Well after a few years feeling that my engine bay didn't match the exterior of my car, decided it was time to get it sorted. 

Fan and shroud were powder coated (fan gold to match my wheels) re-routed the ignition cables from on top of the fan housing to behind the shroud, had all small hardware bits zinc plated, replaced the fan housing retention strap and then added the Sleepers Titanium Heater Blower Delete Plate. Stu and the team at NineAuto did an excellent job - super happy with the outcome.

Before:

50eeb000-66bd-43a0-a8b7-d3f952df0857.jpg.349c4c333aa119abc6f58e540f80c47e.jpg

After:

engine_bay-5.thumb.jpg.c2afb3c16a002b99fa6f6882b6255e8d.jpg

1881262994_engine_baycopy.thumb.jpg.77fd2af339edd20821c6dfb19fa44516.jpg

engine_bay-3.thumb.jpg.bcd60ff55fd24f1162dd47ccd32f3dd4.jpg

17 hours ago, Nikos said:

I really like that. Very Nice. Congrats. Great car overall.

Cheers mate! Appreciate it. The 964 was always the dream. Just trying to get mine to where it’s a complete build as I want it. Even though Stu keeps telling me to stop spending money 😂

11 hours ago, 901er said:

Very nice mate, we’ll done 👌

Cheers mate! 👍🏼👍🏼

Finished off install of Continental 7412 stereo in the GT3 today.  Couldn't work the new-fangled Kenwood thing that was in the car when I got it, and it didn't look right, even when I managed to find out how to change the display colour to orange.  I was trying to make the install more complicated than it had to be by working out what what wires I'd have to change and all that, when I realised the car plugs that went into the old harness, would plug straight into the back of the Continetal.  Dooh!!  All I had to do then was run the wire for the remote microphone (which was the hardest part, requiring removal of the side vent unit - thanks YouTube), plug it all in and it worked.  Easy Peasy in the end.  Also "101 Projects for a 996" was also a useful publication to refer to.

20200531_125014_resized.jpg

20200531_125026_resized.jpg

8 minutes ago, flamingporsche said:

The rear tyres need replacing so I removed the 19” HREs and put on the set of 18” OZ Racing rims with near new Michelin Pilot Sports. Not a bad look, but I might try some different colour combos down the track 😉

144DCB03-1FAE-4A4E-84B9-D712D3AD153F.jpeg

761EAD5F-4201-4BB1-8257-672E4B5053B8.jpeg

I'm liking the orange wheels:wub:

Annual service today, i was there for the service and was pleasantly surprised when the filter was checked for shiny metallic bits and none were found, bearings checked, filters replaced, suspension and components checked, brake fluid replaced, no leaks found, ready for a trip i reckon. One happy 996 owner. How good are these cars:D 

On 03/06/2020 at 19:03, flamingporsche said:

The rear tyres need replacing so I removed the 19” HREs and put on the set of 18” OZ Racing rims with near new Michelin Pilot Sports. Not a bad look, but I might try some different colour combos down the track 😉

144DCB03-1FAE-4A4E-84B9-D712D3AD153F.jpeg

761EAD5F-4201-4BB1-8257-672E4B5053B8.jpeg

Orange looks good.  Were these the wheels from the Gulf Boxster?

You'll find 18's much more comfortable ride 🙂  Had 18's with PS2's on my 996.2, very impressive ride

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Orange looks good.  Were these the wheels from the Gulf Boxster?

You'll find 18's much more comfortable ride 🙂  Had 18's with PS2's on my 996.2, very impressive ride

Yes, from the Gulfster. Still covered in brake dust 😳

Have only driven to/from tyre shop for an alignment so can’t comment on the ride yet. Hopefully it’s an improvement. 
Might sell/swap the HREs to fund a set of Turbo Twists 

Pulled injectors and sleeves . No o- rings with sleeves so waiting  until Wednesday ..... New beru leads , Partsklassik coil, plugs ,rotor, fuel filter

install sleeves and new injectors, engine/trannie mounts and wheel bearings next week 

then back to fixing betty the brown bomber 

47BCBE18-92F4-493E-B375-5D5E384CF184.jpeg

22135823-6DAF-4601-93AB-4423F3ABDB6A.jpeg

712F7D28-0857-420C-82B4-25472D714FAD.jpeg

5105DEB7-9022-4D9A-BB1B-BD6704124276.jpeg

10pm .. under ass end tightening Headers on the Targa 

10:30 pm then decided to swap out the honky Mooring minder SAAS , for a nicely leather recovered 3-spoke period correct sport wheel  

• 2 weeks later...

How many of you have completely removed an entire dash from a 986 / 996?  F@#k me, there are an amazing number of screws and bolts holding this thing in!!!!  At least with stripping down the part out 986 we're not too concerned about having to put the thing back in, but they sure managed a good number of hidden, or hard to locate screws, like the one UNDER the infrared receiver for the security dash tucked in tightly under the base of the windscreen.....  Obviously screwed in before they put the windscreen in......

Reckon it took 2 1/2 hrs at least.  Really useful to have the 101 Projects for your 986/987 Boxster book, lots of handy hints in that for how to remove various parts + Youtube is a fantastic resource as we all know .....

I’ve been having intermittent cold start problems. It was the 40 years old earth strap no longer having a good connection resulting in no starter kicking in. Simple job? Nope.  Trans. cross member and rear sway bar has to come out to access the end on the transmission. 
Once cleaned up and a bit of copper based anti-seize applied it now fires up with a lively spin. 
cost $0 with the satisfaction of no more push starts 😬