What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

7 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Decided to mix things up and go no whale tail for a bit. Wasn't too hard but needs a bit of tweaking to get it perfect.

Money shots are at the end...

One of the better produced video's I've watched. Love the honesty and the vibe. You've got a mug for video. 

Love the no tail. Fkn nice car actually. 

It looks like it has none or little sideways adjustment on the the hinge to panel fixings. 

A body guy would make easy work of it though.

5 hours ago, Niko said:

Have to admit I'm a "tail bloke" as well, but your car looks great whichever way.

I’m certainly holding onto it. Nice to have options!

5 hours ago, firstone said:

One of the better produced video's I've watched. Love the honesty and the vibe. You've got a mug for video. 

Love the no tail. Fkn nice car actually. 

It looks like it has none or little sideways adjustment on the the hinge to panel fixings. 

A body guy would make easy work of it though.

Cheers mate!
Yeah I think I’ll swing by the local shop for some expert tweaking. 

6 hours ago, Stepo said:

Change is good, but in IMO looks much classier with it's original 964 tail, nice move

It’s amazing how different it looks in the flesh. Seems way smaller without the tail. 

On 28/09/2020 at 09:07, Andy73 said:

Decided to mix things up and go no whale tail for a bit. Wasn't too hard but needs a bit of tweaking to get it perfect.

Money shots are at the end...

Andy, love the tail but love the stock lid too! BTW what's the watch?

I finally bit the bullet and got rid of the old CDR24 and Installed a double DIN Alpine Head Unit. Almost plug and play with harness, antenna adaptor and facia surround from Aerpro ( from Super Cheap) and an RCA to Optic converter from Navicar Audio for the Bose Amp connection. Just got to upload a new splash screen to make it look more "Porsche" on start up. Great sound plus Apple Carplay and Bluetooth handsfree.

IMG_4391.jpg?width=450&height=278&fit=bo

57 minutes ago, Barks said:

I finally bit the bullet and got rid of the old CDR24 and Installed a double DIN Alpine Head Unit. Almost plug and play with harness, antenna adaptor and facia surround from Aerpro ( from Super Cheap) and an RCA to Optic converter from Navicar Audio for the Bose Amp connection. Just got to upload a new splash screen to make it look more "Porsche" on start up. Great sound plus Apple Carplay and Bluetooth handsfree.

IMG_4391.jpg?width=450&height=278&fit=bo

I’d love apple CarPlay (in the 991).

Left the 930 out in the rain the other day.

Next morning, had to go to the shops to get some provisions and a load of water sloshed out of the sunroof onto the passenger seat.

My guess was that the drain hole was blocked so got busy with the whipper snipper cord and eased it down each drain hole.  LH rear one, blocked. Solid.  So, out came the medium gauge fencing wire and I made like a Covid swab up the nose.  Job done.

I had to go at the drain hole from the rear (as you do ...) so lifted the lid and Looked around the engine compartment (as you do ...). I noticed that a wire had come loose on the AC compressor.  Put it back on.  Tested AC.  Easy fix after not having worked for a LONG time.

Funny how Attending to little things can be very satisfying.

Got the CGT rep fired up yesterday after a longer then expected slumber 14 months 

cut out rusted battery tray (left front below windscreen) Cut out rust on inner guard fabbed replacement Panels. Stripped and refurbed internals corroded fuse board. Tore out shitty PO wiring for alarms , casters etc. pulled out delaer? Fitted aircon and ancillaries - as its added to rosy issues and fuse board issues ..did new water pump and . just need to finish tidying underdash wiring and re-colour Sun fade on brown interior carpet and install 

but it fired up yesterday.

though needs the water pump reinstalled as gasket leaking ..

IMG_4749.JPG

after some external paint tidy and fix cracking in front bumper .. back to thinking about suspension brake engine upgrades - whose got any thoughts or parts of interest ? 

On 29/09/2020 at 20:15, michel said:

New targa seals and adjusted passenger door .. stoddards order arrives tomorrow , so can install new latching bushes and start to sort out how to make the targa seals a better And  less noise making fIt

BF6CE00C_2EB2_419A_B28D_F1FEBCE34FED_IMG

479C845A_5AF9_4A7E_8358_605DF1787BE9_IMG

Fixed the left side targa latch today . Roof fits super snug . Well as snug as a targa can ..

just neeD to fettle the prev installed seals to get it as good as can be .

82A9890A_E0FD_4DC6_A9FD_90EA013FDC2A_IMG

72654BCD_881D_42D6_B410_1AFB6923C0F1_IMG

1DCEA77C_6BBF_4973_947E_463A6BFC6C0A_IMG

5345583A_4681_4242_B85E_983D502C3CCE_IMG

now for a bit of oil in ‘Klaus’ 

My targa top is also a little worse for wear. The seals are ok but the framework has splayed from being dropped into place over the years. Not sure if i dare try to bend those outer joints. The seals miss the top of the glass by about 1cm. My solution is to live in Brisbane and never put it on the car. I do take it with me though, QLD storms can appear quickly.

Finally, the new rear rubber has arrived. The old shoes have been preventing me from stretching her legs. Well today was the day. Two drives in one day. Tamborine mountain with the 7 year old daughter. Sadly too many slow bunnies to enjoy the road. Later this arvo a highway run on my own out on the Centenary to the Cunningham and past Willowbank Raceway. That was fantastic. The car is awesome. Above 100 Sph. Lets call that 'somethings' per hour, she felt a little sketchy so i dialled it back a notch. needless to say i'm still grinning. Sorry Melbournians, i used to be one, hopefully you can all fly up a highway soon. Sedately under the limit of course.

20201003_110848.jpg

20201003_163518.jpg

20201003_171309.jpg

20201003_141633.jpg

5 hours ago, Philbee said:

Just curious.... if you wanted to buy an early 993, 3.6 engine... where would you buy one? Who sells em? How much are they? 

Not sure on all accounts but they do come up every now & again or try overseas places like LA dismantler maybe