What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

1 hour ago, GC9911 said:

Mate, your car is just fine as it is IMHO.

Too kind mate.  Maybe I should just try polishing it first?  Or even, get the bugs off from Tuesday? 😋

Quite right about leaving it be, I'm more a 'leave it stock' type these days.  But I do love that front end, especially in a dark colour.

Mine's now the confirmed daily driver for the next little while, the "bad weather / going-to-a-tight-carparking-space" old BM having been loaned to my Dad. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after pumping 43 litres of 98 into the 159 diesel, Uber to collect 996, gym and run some early evening jobs , spent the rest of the evening draining flushing and refilling said 159

001_IMG_5817.JPG

Tedious and I’m thinking now after approx 700 plus  electronic key insertions May  have Got the two keys well out of sync.. 

• 3 weeks later...

Saved myself $600 today. The 2.4S had flat batteries even though I had the trickle charger on for the duration of the LockDan.

Jumped it and drove 50km.  No charge.  Looked like they were cactus.

Then noticed that the main power cable was loose and barely in at the terminal end.  Reinserted and drove for about 20 km. Sorted!

This afternoon it’s fitting the new Pagid’s to the 2.7 Carrera to see if that gives it any better pedal bite  as right now, it’s push the pedal and a couple of Hail Mary’s ...

51 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Fronts are in on one side.  3 more corners to go ...

E0CC5A06-BFC9-4BD7-B769-4783C77D0C5C.jpeg

Orange paint, ducktail, mfi and Pirelli CN36’s, just need some of those calendar photos on the wall and it’s 70’s nirvana! Car looking awesome and (in a totally non 70’s way) hope those new pads make it stop as well. Love it 👍

Been meaning to do this for about 6 weeks and was worried it was going to be a ball ache. Turned out to be a half hour job. Fitted aftermarket radiator grilles to the front of the 991. Was a lot of gunk inside each of the cavities (leaves, bugs, gum nuts etc). Vacuumed it all out and then a very simple install. Radiators now protected and a clean factory look.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 11.28.48 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 11.28.38 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 11.29.41 am.png

Not my car, but checked out the progress of a mate's car - 992 Carrera S being converted to road rally car.  These things have got 9 computers in them!!!  Roll cage in, non-sunroof roof panel about to be put in, seems like there'll be a bees dick space between the top of the cage (custom job by Jason White, very neat) and the panel.....  I'll see if I can get the OK to take and post some photos next time......

47 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Not my car, but checked out the progress of a mate's car - 992 Carrera S being converted to road rally car.  These things have got 9 computers in them!!!  Roll cage in, non-sunroof roof panel about to be put in, seems like there'll be a bees dick space between the top of the cage (custom job by Jason White, very neat) and the panel.....  I'll see if I can get the OK to take and post some photos next time......

FYI, I have seen an official Porsche release schedule for the next two years. A 992 Safari is coming 11/22.

On 18/11/2020 at 11:24, Dreamr said:

Are we talking 924 Martini?? ...

More details are needed! ... project, restored, driver, etc ...

Has patina on body . Straight and light surface rust in places .decals faded and paint crazed cracking in places  Windscreen surrounds battery tray plenum inner guards sills solid 

interior quite good . Though needed the dash  and velour seat inserts done .

with usual major Service items done , brakes etc and a better different seT of wheels and interior looking sharp - fun coffee car. 

so would sit in project bucket . But not heavy duty 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Jason A who had a factory Becker CDR-220 he wasn't using, I managed to replace this over lit horror show and remote CD changer in the GT3. Loren over on the Renntech forum was able to supply the security code from the radio serial number.

Also added a Yatour Bluetooth connector so can play my music and use the phone hands free via the radio and keep the factory look.

radio.jpg

Radio2.jpg