What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

So I've had this sticky accelerator pedal since I bought the car, not only did it stick which gives a terrible feel, it squeaked too - highly annoying. Silicone spray lessened the issue, but it was still not perfect. The culprit was this C-clip, which for whatever reason slips down over the 'ball joint' on the pedal shaft and clamps it way too tight. Removed the whole pedal assembly, cleaned, lubed and removed the c-clip and now the throttle is a smooth as butter.

Screenshot_3.jpg.9b0a124999b697b6ca7544a0f2915b6c.jpg

Nothing technical or mechanical..... simply gave her a decent clean today, after a PCSA run through the Adelaide Hills yesterday 

I think it was Jeremy Clarkson whom said “I know it’s time to move my car on when I no longer enjoy washing it” ..... this one is still a keeper by that measurement.😊

7A6286CA-1DBB-4BF7-A3C8-73F7AE62B319.jpeg

CF3224B6-5AD8-4B5C-826E-FDF79FAC5FBF.jpeg

Gave my little 993 a good bath inside and out, then did a few little things in preparation for my first supersprint in a couple of weeks:

- installed fire extinguisher

- installed makeshift emergency hood latch

- painted my tow hook red

It goes into the shop tomorrow for a pre-sprint check up. 

26C06027-7BDD-422B-938C-4B16816E3B0C.jpeg

1 hour ago, WB997.2GTS said:

Fitted these little HID units to the 993 today. Reassembly of my restoration project has started. 

476E11A2-6D17-464E-9D8D-68FEF8BE4064.jpeg

Nice! How’s the quality of the Bergvill product? Also, is there somewhere a fellow 993 tragic can follow your resto?

2 hours ago, BRU said:

Nice! How’s the quality of the Bergvill product? Also, is there somewhere a fellow 993 tragic can follow your resto?

The Bergvill HID's took around 20minutes each to install including removal and refitting of the light. I also purchased a full LED upgrade kit from Bergvill, indicators, tail, brake, trunk, boot, basket handle etc. Ordered them (Norway) last Tuesday and they arrived by DHL Sunday.

There is no rebuild diary (too busy getting it finished) but I am thinking of posting a teaser photo every couple of days. If you are in Sydney you are welcome to call in anytime. Warren 

19 minutes ago, WB997.2GTS said:

The Bergvill HID's took around 20minutes each to install including removal and refitting of the light. I also purchased a full LED upgrade kit from Bergvill, indicators, tail, brake, trunk, boot, basket handle etc. Ordered them (Norway) last Tuesday and they arrived by DHL Sunday.

There is no rebuild diary (too busy getting it finished) but I am thinking of posting a teaser photo every couple of days. If you are in Sydney you are welcome to call in anytime. Warren 

Nice!

Yes I’d love to. I’m in Sydney - I’ll send you a PM.