What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

25 minutes ago, Jkay said:

Got a bit bored so got to work on my leather seats …. Over 10 years of arse sweat accumulated ….. now no more 

Satisfying indeed and makes the car feel refreshed inside 

7712AC5E-D21E-419B-A72A-CB4B6607402B.jpeg

Not sure you needed to collect all that sweat in a bucket 😂🤣

1 hour ago, Jkay said:

Got a bit bored so got to work on my leather seats …. Over 10 years of arse sweat accumulated ….. now no more 

Satisfying indeed and makes the car feel refreshed inside 

2483E8DC-8FB1-4B2F-86A4-3956150AECB4.jpeg

E6B4B7AB-4BFA-4FFF-96DB-F3F670C0E735.jpeg

7712AC5E-D21E-419B-A72A-CB4B6607402B.jpeg

7D3DF242-8AB0-4DF0-A32F-C8DFE50E3D3B.jpeg

Nothin' like a bucket full o' arse sweat 😀🤮

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Happy with them @blue_ixxi

Yup! They are both fully original, matching numbers, UK delivered and all options intact from factory (checked with Porsche) except the stereo.

Will need little bit of TLC, but nothing too major or unknown, especially at the price I got them for.

I love the Ying - Yang/ Angel - Devil/ Skywalker - Vader  combo of both white and black cars. They certainly got the attention on the way back. Not surprisingly, the Black one attracted more attention given the mad lipstick red interior and just overall bada$$ looks!

PXL_20210620_044913737.jpg

57 minutes ago, pocketscience said:

You're brave! My daughter got her L's last Wednesday, but so far we've only ventured out in my wife's Subaru Outback... 😀

Nothing wrong with starting them young, but it does depend on the child 🙂   Even now with ours 27 and 30, I have no problems letting the 27yo daughter drive either of our cars, not so certain I'd extend the same latitude to the 30yo.......  We even got an Insurance exception to cover the younger one when she was under 25 when she shared the drive from Sydney back to Tas with my wife when they collected our 996.2C2 that we bought a few years ago, proper girls trip 🙂 

11 hours ago, pocketscience said:

You're brave! My daughter got her L's last Wednesday, but so far we've only ventured out in my wife's Subaru Outback... 😀

Two months in, so far so good.   I only had to reach across and correct the trajectory a couple of times to avoid veering into the gravel shoulder…..😬.  

when my wife said “I haven’t even been it it yet”, that was the green light to take her in the GT3 for a run down to Flinders for lunch yesterday.  I managed to sneak in a full beans 9000rpm squirt, only to around the speed limit but she did NOT appreciate it 😂. I’m such a man child….🤔

The instruments in my '70 are fogged to hell. Today I started fixing that. Pulling gauges apart is a royal PITA, but having to remove the steering wheel so I can remove the steering column cover so I can remove the tach is completely uncalled for Porsche! Still, the end result is pleasing - 3 gauges to go tomorrow.. What else am I gonna do...? Oh I polished the exhaust tips on my 993 yesterday... 🤣

Oh if anyone has a functional early clock (or even a VDO quartz one) drop me a PM please!

Picked up my GT3 today after new clutch install.  Amazing difference!!!!  Really easy to drive,  my wife will enjoy driving it now (steering and clutch fixed, win!!) 🙂 .

Engine / Transmission out, so sorted out ancillaries at the same time - new Coolant expansion tank (in stock, didn't get around to installing in my 996.2C2), new plugs and plug packs (latest V5 ), new serpentine belt, water pump, complete cooling system flush and cup thermostat.  As well as clutch plate, master & slave cylinders and pressure plate ended up with new single mass flywheel (gulp!!) and clutch fork & spigot bearings.  Surprising find was funny wear pattern on clutch matching the dished flywheel and strange wear marks on the fork, all contributing to the excessively heavy clutch pedal previously.  Makes me wonder whether the apprentices at PCM may have worked on it through the last 18 years rather than the master technician?????  The water pump and thermostat had been re-installed with silastic, wondering how much the excess squeezed inside had been contributing to the slight cooling issues I was experiencing....

Anyway, very expensive effort, but I think well worth it for the new driving pleasure, and the fact that there's probably not much else that will need doing apart from servicing for the next few years.  Will be anxious to try it out at a track day to see how much difference an easy gear change will make......

• 3 weeks later...

Some muppet (me) managed to pull out a vacuum line while trying to troubleshoot a slow warmup issue. What an absolute pain to fix! What's worse is I can't even drive the car due to lockdown!
image.thumb.png.833d9caf9d35bdbdf61d7f1368b1ec9a.png!

• 2 weeks later...

Windscreen Washers - 996.1

Washers not working, pulled apart today, plenty of water getting to the washer mechanism, nothing coming out.

There appears to be a 12v feed to the washer nozzle (part no. 996.628.077.01).  Anyone know what this does?  hard to tell if there's a blockage in the nozzle of whether there's a failure in the 12v part.  Anyone know what the 12v function is?  Is there an actuator to open the actual nozzle aperture ???

IMG20210801121644 (Small).jpg

39 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

Heating to melt icing.

Thank you, so irrelevant to most Australian conditions then.  I was wondering whether it was some sort of actuator to keep the nozzle closed to keep muck out of it, but I checked and there was 12v as soon as ignition turned on.

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

keep muck out of it

There is actually a small filter on the lower T junction for the tubing.  I noticed this when I recently changed the cowling to a new shiny part.  Maybe worth checking that is not clogged?

image.png.75631f0ece73aa789b4109bb49281e27.png

1 hour ago, CapnHyaku said:

There is actually a small filter on the lower T junction for the tubing.  I noticed this when I recently changed the cowling to a new shiny part.  Maybe worth checking that is not clogged?

image.png.75631f0ece73aa789b4109bb49281e27.png

Yep, cleaned that out too.  The painful thing is that I recently sold the whole scuttle panel with washers still intact from a 986 I've been parting out, just wish I'd gone to the effort to remove them first, would have been good spares 😞 

• 3 weeks later...