What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Fixed a flat on my rear tyre and almost break my back doing it. My car was parked very close to my basement pillar and had to twist myself to access the flat tyre. 

Mobile tyre repairs were quoting upwards of $160 and 2 days wait, so took the wheels out myself and took it to a puncture shop to get it repaired for $40.

59519081_ScreenShot2021-09-18at9_56_05pm.thumb.png.d5341a8162af9a570e439f951e0e0b22.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is a early manufacture 993 - 1994. It had the original Shell sticker but it was pretty bubbled and cracked so I replaced it. I actually thought it should have been Mobil 1 but apparently the early 993 had the Shell decal. Just took my time and tried to be as methodical as I could be. Zero oil leaks, no weird noised and best of all, no slipping clutch. Very happy to just enjoy it 😃 

Porsche turned to Mobil 1 0W-40 synthetic motor oil as a factory in 1996 and recommended service fill for its 1996 (and later) models. So the early 993s still had Shell oil in their engines and you're spot on!

Non-standard exhaust fitted?

It has the stock cat but the mufflers have been cut open along the original welds and the internal bypass increased to 1.5” and welded back up. Slightly louder - say 10% but in keeping with the rest of the car. I didn’t want it too loud. It looks perfectly stock except that I had it all high temp coated silver. The factor had a Motor sound option in the US which had the 1.5” internal bypass which is what I tried to copy.