What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

52 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Need to rejoin a club, rego, new rego number and plates, tyres, new battery...and the motivation 😅🙄

Should give to me Lee. I'll drive it for you. 😉

3 hours ago, PhilH said:

Just checking mate!   Had a major service, & new tyres on mine today and will pick up in the morning.  Better go for a hills drive on Saturday before heading off to Sweden on Sunday.

I'll put mine on the grass and you can leave yours with me if you like? 

Coz that's the kinda guy I am helping me mates out 👍

3 hours ago, Dalai said:

Should give to me Lee. I'll drive it for you. 😉

Ooh tempting, but I shall have to decline your generous offer mate 👍

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

Need to rejoin a club, rego, new rego number and plates, tyres, new battery...and the motivation 😅🙄

Can’t help with the motivation Lee but Sports Car Drivers Club here in SA has historic membership for $50. Pretty reasonable ask👍

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

Yeah looking into it @sjm 👍

Just think back to when you bought it Lee.  Remember that feeling of how good it was after the 912?  How you took it out every time you got the chance?

Well FFS, get out and rediscover the passion!   Or maybe you are Just jaded with the old air cooled, smelly and noisy SC and need to get some 996 love in your life!,,

Fair points there @PhilH

I've had it for just over 6 years, and for 5 of those I was out in it nearly every weekend with yourself, Andrew and Stew etc, so I've definitely done some driving, yet I got bored/couldn't be arsed to a point. Not with the company though 👍

I'd say you're not far off with the jaded bit, as that happened after 20 odd years of riding and racing bikes which do not interest me in the slightest now, yet there's also been a lot of other stuff going on that's taken priority over driving the car for the past year. And trust me when I say there's a few others giving me shit about it! 😅

I'll wait till 996 values come back to down before I'm thinking of them again...probably 🙄 So when are you dropping your car off here? I'll clean the shed up 👍

8 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Nice simple fix to replace the cruddy PVU Toolkit roll that was falling apart on my 996.1 C2.  Quick visit to Supercheap and $13.49 later.....

20220714_152533.jpg

20220714_152527.jpg

They all seem to suffer the same fate Taz.

May have to stroll on down to my local Supercheap as well.

On 14/07/2022 at 21:15, LeeM said:

Fair points there @PhilH

I've had it for just over 6 years, and for 5 of those I was out in it nearly every weekend with yourself, Andrew and Stew etc, so I've definitely done some driving, yet I got bored/couldn't be arsed to a point. Not with the company though 👍

I'd say you're not far off with the jaded bit, as that happened after 20 odd years of riding and racing bikes which do not interest me in the slightest now, yet there's also been a lot of other stuff going on that's taken priority over driving the car for the past year. And trust me when I say there's a few others giving me shit about it! 😅

I'll wait till 996 values come back to down before I'm thinking of them again...probably 🙄 So when are you dropping your car off here? I'll clean the shed up 👍

Well I dropped the car of at a mates shed this morning because I was heading off to Sweden tomorrow.  He just took delivery of a new Turbo S Cab…..a thing of beauty I must say.   Anyway, I came home and thought it would be a good idea to do a RAT before travelling, and you can guess the rest.  Positive result!  No symptoms, so I took another test- same result so guess the trip is off for another week.     So long story short, you can go and pick it up for a drive, as long as you pick up some food to drop off to me😂😂😂

Those tests are like a scratchie ticket @PhilH, hit and miss, and if you take a 3rd one it's bound to be negative 😅 

Bummer though mate 👎

And here I was manically cleaning my shed out! 🙄  I'll grab his address and take it for a blat, as it's supposed to be raining today and I need some drifting practise 👍😁

Thanks for the offer anyway mate, much appreciated. Hope your unwellness clears up soon 👍

Went for a great drive on Sunday with a group organised by Mike from Spyder Automotive.  

Perfect day for the drive, as far as the weather went, but the roads were still moist for most of the morning and the sun glare made it a bit tricky trying to dodge the many potholes. 

16 of us altogether, in a variety of cars including Beemers, Renault, and a Ford Focus RS .  Two groups headed off from Doncaster.  

I stupidly went with the first group, who were way too legally quick for me.     Led by Mark in the blue 718 Turbo Cayman.    Very quick all of them.  

We started off in Doncaster and ended up for lunch in Yea.  covering every good driving road in between.  By the time I got home I had covered 345 K.   

I have just featured the P cars here.  

Thanks Mike for organising, and picking the best weather day we have had for yonks, and to Mark for knowing every good driving road known to man. IMG_9158.thumb.JPG.079575edc4a921a985fbacbc0c4f1d1d.JPGIMG_9162.thumb.JPG.f4cbae789194a986c025fc49801c9855.JPGIMG_9170.thumb.JPG.4ed3a752144dada0474e04c0614a2c53.JPGIMG_9171.thumb.JPG.22040d81aa6b6169fd91ee5f20b26f55.JPGIMG_9192.thumb.JPG.23759345660d3fd355557b6dbcd88f10.JPGIMG_9174.thumb.JPG.fd1409ce08b9d4c077642378e5b4cef4.JPGIMG_9175.thumb.JPG.2106b3dd0b856bda277223965adcf741.JPGIMG_9177.thumb.JPG.6470fbfdd5e970eb1980642b65a0e578.JPGIMG_9194.thumb.JPG.2f7923f75787ac3c827429b4123ab1fb.JPGIMG_9184.thumb.JPG.3e5481dd1198051c5e03d96dba4a4c16.JPGIMG_9179.thumb.JPG.6bf3d2d263a9c137e5a149b65ffd143a.JPG and 

Yesterday I fitted cruise control, but the module I used (obtained from @MFX in 2020) was slightly wonky on the indicator cancellng combined with a previous mechanics snapping of the clockspring's tabs.  So today... I did a ghetto-fix on the tabs to overcome the ghetto-fix on the indicator stalk.

image.thumb.png.3c73ad4011450b4de50c281071e360c2.png

image.thumb.png.7123b5473c8c2062c0b35feace042a0a.png

image.thumb.png.bc1f72dfaebdd1976ec72ede2a6cd7e5.png

image.thumb.png.cf26ffabe7aa9115d089ee3deedda545.png

image.thumb.png.c2ad11699b08f0d0e4cc251566e23e6a.png

image.thumb.png.39c5172039ab0bb1fb0a404dfbf86fe2.png

Edited by CapnHyaku
Fix images

1 hour ago, CapnHyaku said:

Yesterday I fitted cruise control, but the module I used (obtained from @MFX in 2020) was slightly wonky on the indicator cancellng combined with a previous mechanics snapping of the clockspring's tabs.  So today... I did a ghetto-fix on the tabs to overcome the ghetto-fix on the indicator stalk.

Pics aren't working mate. What was the issue?

42 minutes ago, MFX said:

What was the issue?

Nothing wrong with what you did, epoxy holds up fine so far.  But the cancelling tab that sticks into the path of the clock spring mechanism is not QUITE perfect and so my clockspring with the broken nubs was able to shift around enough that it slide past instead of triggering.

So what I did was pack over and either side of the broken nubs some heat shrink tubing I had and then zip tie the ends and trim.  That stopped the clockspring shifting and voila... problem solved!

• 3 weeks later...

Put in H&R Lowering springs today, looks pretty good I think....  Also replaced the front strut mount, top bearing etc

Probably a little more settling to do, but they should be pretty right as they were pre-loved / abused to start with.  Also detected a small coolant leak, looks like might be from water pump hose, might be a job for the future.  Didn't get to the rear rotors and pads or the new radio, next weekend perhaps....

20220821_164650.jpg

20220821_164714.jpg

20220821_164722.jpg