cyberpunky

What did you do to your Porsche today ???

Yes thanks for the extra info Doug, but extra cooling, are they talking bigger oil coolers or another one slotted in somewhere.

Steve.

Why would they want to reduce that glorious noise *shakes head* lol

Have you heard a stock 951 sound? very quiet!

I kind of miss the quiet noise as people had no idea it was quick.

Engine tray is just a nappy for oil.

Take it off, let it breath and allow the glorious sound on the flat 6 to sing uninhibitted.

Thanks Randal,

I'll look out for your photos posted here. Others may want to see how it's done.

yep...i would appreciate seeing them, as may an alternative to my current arrangement.

Here you go Gents.

Looking at the first pic there looks to be an even better spot to bolt the strap (currently bolted to the bumper tube).

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

These tow straps come in 2 lengths, one being adjustable so you can easily customise it to your requirements:

IMAG1736.jpg

Randall,

Thanks for posting the pics. This seems to be a nice light weight non-invasive method of fitting a tow strap. My concern is that the strap runs against the tin under the bumper. This could cause damage when a load is applied.

I would be more comfortable with a screw in type such as the Rennline hook which threads into a replacement bumper mount tube.

This means more work cutting a hole into the bumper and rubber strip but it is neatly plugged with the supplied cap.

from the Rennline site

E16-2.jpg

E16-3.jpg

What did I do to my Porsche today? Installed the Porsche "Drivers Selection" folding umbrella, specifically designed for the storage bin on Boxsters and some later 911s.

umbrella1_zps5e63a7a6.jpg

And so...

umbrella2_zps709e4598.jpg

What do you mean you don't have one Doish????

Nice brolly! Did it cost a lot of folding? Does that mean you have now got the interior covered? Good to see you have got a handle on getting it all complete. I hope it wasn't a shady deal. It looks like it's the one Snoop Dog has, though I heard he got it Fo Drizzle.

Okay, I'm done...

Come on. Be nice. Before you know it people will start on the hairdresser jokes again.!!!!!

Staying away from this one Theo, don't want to say anything about soft Porsche drivers

and hairdressers after my last run in with the scissors!!!

Come on. Be nice. Before you know it people will start on the hairdresser jokes again.!!!!!

desismileys_4442.gif

Nice brolly! Did it cost a lot of folding? Does that mean you have now got the interior covered? Good to see you have got a handle on getting it all complete. I hope it wasn't a shady deal. It looks like it's the one Snoop Dog has, though I heard he got it Fo Drizzle.

Okay, I'm done...

nothing to add... 41.gif

Niko's last post looks like he has been out in the sun with the roof down again http://porscheforum.com.au/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

Righto fellas, time to get back on topic.

I finished fixing up my set of cookie cutters last week. Today, Santa arrived early with a set of R-specs, now all I need to do is drive on 'em. http://porscheforum.com.au/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.png

before & after stripping with a wire brush

IMG_1234.jpg

painted and tyres fitted

DSC02843.jpg

Love the cookie cutters Harvs, please post a pic with them on the car.

I bought myself some new Porsche Wheels and 19* Inch Michelin Tires.

To make up for a cracked rim and blown tire from a few days ago.

Pic...

http://img708.images...9779/remixn.jpg

:D

Congratulations, love them. They suit the car perfectly and glad you went away from the 20inch, a wise decision.

Cheers

Chris

Looks the goods Harvs, well done...

C

Love the cookie cutters Harvs, please post a pic with them on the car.

Thanks guys.

It took a few hours work for each wheel but worth it. The neighbours are probably pleased that the wire brushing has finished too. (attachment on the power drill)

Hugh, you'll have to be patient for a photo on the car. I won't get on to a track day until the new year.

Niko's last post looks like he has been out in the sun with the roof down again :)

Righto fellas, time to get back on topic.

I finished restoring a set of Cookie cutters last week. Today, Santa arrived early with a set of R-specs, now all I need to do is drive on 'em. :D

before & after stripping with a wire brush

IMG_1234.jpg

painted and tyres fitted

DSC02843.jpg

Nice work !.. What tyres are they.....?