WTB 80’s Momo or similar for 911SC

Tips

As per title looking for a good condition momo to suit my 1980 SC. My original factory leather has started to perish from sweat and sun, and thought I would ask in case someone is sitting on something they may consider or hadn’t thought to move on.  Thinking would like to go period correct rather than new if a good condition wheel is available. Either Black or silver works, more about condition. I’m thinking a 380 is a better wheel size wise than a 350.

Also require  a correct MOMO Boss/hub if anyone has one for sale.

sydney based but freight can be considered.

show me what you’ve got 😉

5 hours ago, 9er said:

Perhaps getting your original wheel recovered is an option, even double wrapped for a thicker grip?

Good thought and had crossed my mind to have done whilst I had another wheel fitted. I don’t find the grip too small just the fact the 10-2  position is tacky due to the leather deteriorating.

4 hours ago, OBRUT said:

I’ll likely get slammed for this but I think Prototipo’s have been done to death. There are lots of other period correct options out there from Momo and other brands. 

Agree and I looked at a couple of different options and doesn’t have to be a Prototipo so I have updated the heading so I’m not limiting the search.

I have this 360 Momo with correct boss for a 3.2 Carrera, so should fit yours too.

It was a dramatic improvement over the standard 4 spoke large diameter wheel.

Sadly I don't have a 3.2 Carrera any more, so no further use.

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

17 hours ago, Tips said:

As per title looking for a good condition mono to suit my 1980 SC. My original factory leather has started to perish from sweat and sun, and thought I would ask in case someone is sitting on something they may consider or hadn’t thought to move on.  Thinking would like to go period correct rather than new if a good condition wheel is available. Either Black or silver works, more about condition. I’m thinking a 380 is a better wheel size wise than a 350.

Also require  a correct MOMO Boss/hub if anyone has one for sale.

sydney based but freight can be considered.

show me what you’ve got 😉

Heard you were after a 'period correct' mono is this any good to you

Capture Period Correct.JPG

22 hours ago, Rob H said:

I have this 360 Momo with correct boss for a 3.2 Carrera, so should fit yours too.

It was a dramatic improvement over the standard 4 spoke large diameter wheel.

Sadly I don't have a 3.2 Carrera any more, so no further use.

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

Thanks Rob, nice wheel however a little modern for the look I’m after.

On 10/08/2019 at 04:34, Tips said:

I’m thinking a 380 is a better wheel size wise than a 350

It does give you more leverage, though I'm now back to a 350mm suede SAAS wheel from Autobarn I'm very happy with. Think they're $90 or something at the moment and have the same PCD, so it will bolt straight on to a Momo boss

You can also lose the horrid horn button and fit a Momo or similar as they're the same size.

https://www.autobarn.com.au/saas-gt-suede-steering-wheel

You probably all know this, but the standard large diameter 4 spoke wheel is offset such that when driving straight, it is jacked up to clear your knees.

When turned 180 degrees, the wheel is at its lowest which can literally be a drag on your knees.

So when fitting an accessory wheel, especially of a smaller diameter, part of the speedo is obscured, so most people rotate the speedo around so you can keep your drivers licence a bit longer.

You tend to get used to the smaller wheel and the extra effort required, enjoying a better overall steering experience, in my opinion.