Been pondering the fitment of a 964 inlet manifold lately with a single throttle body.  Can't say I've been that fussed about ITB's as the engine is plenty responsive how it is and I'm not sure I want it more so and there isn't much to gain unless the cams are changed to something a bit grumpier as well.  However finding intake socket adaptors to fit the older 2 bolt heads has been a whole more difficult than I though even though there are plenty of references on Pelican.

Then I found there is a source right under our noses and they look better than any others I've seen:

https://adaptmotorsport.com/collections/current-products/products/porche-964-intake-manifold-adapter

2BoltAdapters_540x.jpg?v=1590111038  

I've never heard of Adapt Motorsport but appear to be Australian and have some interesting stuff.

Anyway the 964 manifold idea has ground to a holt as I've realised the standard C3.2 AC compressor is too long to allow fitment and I'm just not hipster enough to go without AC.

5 hours ago, OZ930 said:

Should I mention the electronic AC ?

Nah, I think I will need that space at the front for my water/meth injection tank and pump.  Which is how all this started as I need to take the manifold off to install injection nozzles and thought, "Gee a 964 manifold would be nice while I'm at it!" 

How much water meth do you think you need ?

You could use the windscreen washer tank ( 9 litres) and pump and instal a smaller tank for the windscreen washers then you would have room for the e-AC system.

Problem solved, with the added advantage of moving the weight forward..

I'm thinking to using the existing washer tank for meth/water and just use the smaller "intensive" tank for the windscreen.  The injection pressure pump will go next to the battery.

No room (or real interest) for e-AC.

I really need to get off my arse and run my 20 litre drum of AKI 100 through it with more advance and my "knock ears" to see if all this extra work is worth it.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very interesting engine build involving Steve Wong concentrating only on the parts that matter:

3.2 > 3.5L twin plug conversion with 296 rear wheel HP, 340 engine HP - Pelican Parts Forums

Another iteresting thread that I don't think I have linked previously:

Motec for 3.2 Carrera - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Good reading Pete.

It's an elusive answer to the question often asked.

Just a thought, beware what you seek. Have you ever had a good look at the lower portions of the C-pillars on 930's? So the junction of the bottom of the pillars to the top of the engine bay. Every original one that I have seen has vertical cracks running down to the top corners of the engine bay.

So maybe these bodies start to complain up around 300hp?

14 hours ago, Peter M said:

I'd like to have that problem Phil!

No you wouldn’t.
I wonder if this started with the 3.3 engine being further back in the body and producing more torque.

Does it happen in 3.0 turbos ?

6 hours ago, OZ930 said:

That’s what I’m hoping.  One day when I find a bucket of cash I’ll get it fixed

Have a look underneath mate. If theres no rust, you're sweet 👍 My guess is it's just the filler cracking and nothing to worry about