Need assistance to pick up a watch from Sydney today

Hi guys, I've negotiated with a gumtree seller to purchase a watch for 2k. I'm in Qld and the seller is in Bond Street, Sydney.  I'm wondering if there is anyone here who would be willing to pick it up. I'll transfer the 2k to you. Cheers, Sohan 

1 hour ago, HH1 said:

Hi guys, I've negotiated with a gumtree seller to purchase a watch for 2k. I'm in Qld and the seller is in Bond Street, Sydney.  I'm wondering if there is anyone here who would be willing to pick it up. I'll transfer the 2k to you. Cheers, Sohan 

How confident are u with the seller and it’s authenticity? I am not bad with some watch brands and know a few watch dealers in cbd if u want them to have it checked whilst they do the transaction in their store. I have heard of some people recently having been robbed of the cash and no watch doing street based transactions.

The store may just take a small fee for doing the authentication and transaction for u, might be good insurance.

1 hour ago, Tips said:

How confident are u with the seller and it’s authenticity? I am not bad with some watch brands and know a few watch dealers in cbd if u want them to have it checked whilst they do the transaction in their store. I have heard of some people recently having been robbed of the cash and no watch doing street based transactions.

The store may just take a small fee for doing the authentication and transaction for u, might be good insurance.

I would definitely be doing this even some dealers have been known to sell the odd franken watch.