Ken

KERMIT

I forgot to include the photo of the floor that has had  a few repairs done to it. Max,the Metal Magician,has worked his magic once again.

He really has to be amongst THE very best guys in his field. Not only does he produce the end result,he also gets involved,looking at different ideas and ways to implement them. 

Newly Painted Floor.JPG

• 3 months later...

Hi All

It's been a while since the last update,but we're now at the stage where the "dry' engine fit has been done a few times and a good thing too. We have discovered that the aftermarket engine support bar,took up too much room when fitting a 3.6 ,so we purchased the one that Patrick Motorsports produce.We went for the welded in version,rather than the bolted in one and Max took care of that in his usual professional, no fuss style.

It became obvious too, that the original engine mount pods were no longer required,so Max removed those at the same time and a world of space opened up to us.The engine is so big in comparison to the original,so this now makes fitting, a whole lot easier.

I was lucky in having Andy at Fabcoat recommended to me,as the 916 Fibreglass Body Kit had some issues with bad repairs and some minor cracking as well. He's fixed all that,using kevlar in some places for extra strength. He did a lot of the cars in the Mad Max Movies,so knows his stuff big time!!

We removed the engine on the 16th and the car went to Andy on the 17th for it's paint job. I'm sticking with the original Porsche L80E White colour.

A big delivery of interior parts including engine tin surround will be here in late January from Auto Atlanta and George,the owner, has been just terrific with his help and advice.

Sorry about lack of photos,i'll try and load some on in the next few days.

Merry Xmas All

Cheers

Ken. 

Edited by Ken
Add notify me of replies please.