Tilta Trailer Dual Axle (ramp style and tool box) 2011 - sold

I purchased this about 8 months ago when I was looking for a light alternative to other trailers.  It is a 2011 Tilta Dual Axle with options including tool box, stone chip screen, tyre rack.

The wheels and tyres are all in great condition and I've just purchased a new battery for the compressor.  Overall I'd describe it in very good condition given its age and it shows no signs of serious or structural wear - it's ready to go and should give years of service.  I'm selling as each of our cars has a different track and I'm tired of constantly adjusting the ramp thingys.  If you're taking mostly one car and others on occasion it would be fine.  To move the tracks requires 4 u bolts per track so it's not rocket science nor particularly strenuous....I'm just a bit lazy.

Pros - all options except winch, super light so easy to handle, can carry up to 2100kg, adjustable ramps on trailer to suit vehicle width.  The tool box and tyre rack are pretty handy.

I've successfully carried a 911Carrera (not S) a 1978 911, '67 912 and 78 928.  I would suggest anything wider than a 997 (including the S & C4S) to be too wide in track.  It tows easily and light weight means it's less intrusive than some of the other brands.  Typical tilting action along with a couple of wooden blocks that I have to account for super low cars.  My 78 911 & 928 are a little lower than standard height and they load easily.  The 997 we have is stupid low so it requires the wooden blocks under the ramps.

Cons - it's not new but nor is the price.  It won't legally take loads over 2100kg - I've never tested it in practice.  That's about it.

Now sold.

7zJLxbY.jpg

Edit - registered until Feb 2020

Cheers,

Gavin

7 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I want, Gavin, just need to work out if I need.......

I know the story mate - someone just posted a boxster that I find particularly appealing but it's not even close to a need....

I'll give it a week or so before putting it on my105 so plenty of pondering time.  Feel free to flick me a pm or call me if you have any questions (and if you pulled the trigger it would give me the best excuse to come down to tas.....I've got school holiday period free plus about a week after....just in case).

• 2 weeks later...