1969 911 - IROC SOLD

Hi all.

Gulf Blue.

IROC series spec.

3.6 that is as good as my 3.6 was when it was, well, a 3.6 ... 

G50.

Full cage.

Log booked.

This is not my orange car but one I built.  It actually beat my car at Winton last year.  

This would be the ultimate track day/club/race car.

$100,000.00 ONO

13 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Hi all.

Gulf Blue.

IROC series spec.

3.6 that is as good as my 3.6 was when it was, well, a 3.6 ... 

G50.

Full cage.

Log booked.

This is not my orange car but one I built.

2 sets of rims. One set of Witham “Fuchs”  8’s and 10’s and another with Minilites 8’s and 10’s.  One set has near new Hoosier drys and the other set new wets.

This would be the ultimate track day/club/race car.

$100,000.00 ONO

Assume it can't be registered?

what sort of lap times, say at PI?

23 hours ago, DJM said:

Assume it can't be registered?

what sort of lap times, say at PI?

Currently logged as a race car but I’m not sure if in a previous life it was registered.  Depending on your state, it is possible to register cars with cages but other work may be required. 

As for lap times, when my orange car was in proper IROC spec I’ve done a 1.44 around the Island and a flat 1.30 around Winton.  This cars engine spec and overall configuration are pretty much the same as my old donk. Car is otherwise fast and well set up. 

If anyone wants to go and look at it, it will be at Autoart mid next week so let me know and I’ll let Michael know.  

3 hours ago, Raven said:

Is this it on My 105 ..........?

https://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/p/1/k/iroc/id/21430

Nope.  That’s another one we built which is being sold by the current owner.  Mine was actually Amanda Sparkes TCM car which I bought, did up and out the IROC body on.  

3 hours ago, Mick said:

Any pics of this thing?? Sounds cool 

If I could work out how to do that, I would .... I’m a Luddite!

4 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

I think I’ve worked out what the car started life as from the chassis number.  

It’s a 1969 911S Coupe   

As Walter would say - very tasty ...

It was the TCM Bernie Stack car prior to Greg Keene buying it for his wife to race alongside him.. 

It's always been a quick car.. photos below are from early days of TCM when i crewed for Greg   

• 1 year later...

I'll be putting up a fresh 'for sale' shortly for this IROC.  I purchased/swapped it mostly because I couldn't resist and after half a dozen days in it on track, it's time for a new owner.  I had one client/friend in the car for 3 sessions at WP & other than that it's just been me driving.  I must admit, it sounds amazing & like nothing I've experienced in the Porsche world up until this point.

The car had a fresh top end (Mahle racing p & c's) prior to me picking it up, at Sven's mechanic, so it's fresh & bottom end was examined at the time and all's well there.  I'll be having it serviced in the coming weeks so it will go to the new owner with fresh plugs, filters & ready to go.  Other than fitting a fresh set of sticky rubber, there's not much to do other than drive it.

Why am I selling?  I find I'm faster in a 997 and enjoy a 3 litre underpowered engine more if I'm looking at hopping into a historic car.  This probably says more about my driving ability than anything else but given I've only chosen it six times in the year or so I've had it available (covid blues for a period there), there's no point hanging on to it.  So this deserves a new home with someone who can appropriately wring its neck and enjoy what it has to offer.  Flick me a dm if you're interested - it's a good thing (byo earplugs).