Squeaking G series air blower fan?

Stepo

From a Post by @Peter M , got me thinking I need to tackle my squeaking frunk blower fan, it sits just below the windscreen.

Peter M mentions success in soaking the bottom portion of the fan in oil rather than pulling them apart, and I have since learnt he could've been talking about several fans that are placed throughout the 3.2 and not easy to split.

My specific issue was the main blower unit, I linked the pelican thread below to Peter's post that showed splitting the case and oiling the top of the fan through a small hole.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/899739-fresh-air-blower-squeal-fix.html

I thought it worthwhile to post after I went through this process given my fan noise wasn't actually improved by pulling everything apart and oiling that hole :(, may save someone the effort in the future.  After I did all the work and it wasn't better, I ended up pulling a plastic cap off the other end of the fan drive shaft (can be seen in the middle of the fan in the first pic of the link) and oiled that position which fixed the noise straight away, didn't need to pull the fan housing apart at all.

Getting the fan out is not too hard, hose clamps for ducting, one cable and a few extra bolts.  Removing all those little circle clips and refitting them wasn't that much fun, especially when I didn't actually need to go there.