Electric industry's dirty secret

Your Right Lee none of us will ever know the truth :)

I remember back in the early 1980,s the so called experts at the time were so convinced that by 2020 that we would be leaving the earth and reaching to the stars because our own planet would be uninhabitable due to the pollution levels being so bad that we would be plagued with acid rain ,,, choking smog and over population making the air we breath poison and the ground would be too toxic to sustain life.. 

With the breaking down of the Ozone layer , we would see the suns UV rays come down on us causing a greenhouse effect resulting in lethal high temperatures ,,,, polar ice caps would melt and we would need sea walls in all major coastal cities to keep the toxic oceans at bay ,,like something from a post apocalyptic sci fi movie ... It was a bleak future humanity would face according to those in the know at that time ....?

Well here we are,,,,, less than 4 months away from 2020 and lets be honest I don,t think the predictions from 30 years ago were all that accurate . I would go as far to say with some sarcasm they really got it wrong , not even remotely close the dick heads..

One thing that has not changed and we still seem to be plagued by is governments and those with a vested financial interest pushing to convincing us all how dier our future is if we dont believe the the crap they are feeding us ,,,,,,,,,,,Is the planet we live on really as bad as they keep going on about..NO

Yet every day they keep pushing how we all have to change our evil ways and do your bit for the environment and the greater good .

While they break every moral and ethical rule imaginable :wacko:

You have to have a laugh at these fools  :Chuckle2:

Just remember the motorist and homeowners are the most taxed and least responsible for 'emissions'

take a gander at a car transporter burning bunker fuel all the way from Europe to Australia.  Pt here's some ridgey-didge pollution for you - more than all the cars unit will ever produce.  Taxes on that fuel and restrictions on those ships?  None.

hexafluoride is nasty stuff.  All that is produced eventually ends up in the environment somewhere.  Restricts on use?  None.  But don't you dare out put some r12 in your classic car.

on and on it goes,.  Luxury taxes and extra fuel tax for private jets? Hohoho don't make me laugh.  Buy a tarted up Toyota?  Whoa there big spender better pay your fair share!

Most environmental activists are really just dupes for bigger power plays behind the scenes.  You have to laugh at them.  Old bob brown was all for windmills until someone wanted to put one up near him.  Then all of a sudden they're a problem and need to be banned.  Hydro and nuclear, the two lowest damage and safest power generation?   No!  Can't have those.

Raven - you forgot the whole 'worldwide famines' one of the 1970s.  Same guys dust themselves off, memory hide their completely wrong predictions and then are interviewed breathlessly for their latest scare story. Acid rain!  Ozone hole!  Nuclear winter!  Despite having a 0/20 track record, still get a front page.   In tribal days they would have been run out of town.  

Same as the witchdoctors and shamans - give me your cash and I'll help prevent certain doom!

With entourage and support staff etc etc Trumpy rang me last night and said it was actually 483 aircraft - oh and 1 carbon fibre solar/diesel motor yacht piloted by sailors with Greta Thrunberg on a deckchair, whose 20 support crew flew back home by 3 private jets - courtesy of George Soros:cool07: