991 GTS 911 they any good ?

wilson59

Been tossing up a few ideas of cars I want to buy .

Was going to go all in on 991 GT3 2018 or a 16 GT3 RS .

I am trying to sensible which is unusual and thinking about a 18 GTS and buying a track car as well .

Anyone have any experience with the GTS badge car ? Are they much different from a Carrera S ? 

Thanks 

I would let your inner child run free and get the GT3 or the RS .....:Chuckle2:

From experience with the GTS , Yes it is a fantastic car ,,I view it as the top of the line for the Carrera range , has all the options ,good usable power a fantastic daily driver and as you said a sensible car that ticks all the right box,s.

But is that what you really want Mate ?

All are special and you would be happy with any one of the three ,I suppose it has to do with your life style and what fits you best ,it is a tough choice to make, all three have pro,s and con,s,,,,,,one I would like to have to make .:P

Totally up to you , YES hard one to make .

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

I would let your inner child run free and get the GT3 or the RS .....:Chuckle2:

From experience with the GTS , Yes it is a fantastic car ,,I view it as the top of the line for the Carrera range , has all the options ,good usable power a fantastic daily driver and as you said a sensible car that ticks all the right box,s.

But is that what you really want Mate ?

All are special and you would be happy with any one of the three ,I suppose it has to do with your life style and what fits you best ,it is a tough choice to make, all three have pro,s and con,s,,,,,,one I would like to have to make .:P

Totally up to you , YES hard one to make .

Raven that is exactly what I needed  a good talking to . 

Life is not about being sensible is it . Thanks 

On 15/09/2019 at 09:48, wilson59 said:

Been tossing up a few ideas of cars I want to buy .

Was going to go all in on 991 GT3 2018 or a 16 GT3 RS .

I am trying to sensible which is unusual and thinking about a 18 GTS and buying a track car as well .

Anyone have any experience with the GTS badge car ? Are they much different from a Carrera S ? 

Thanks 

I am fortunate enough to currently have all three 991s in my garage (GTS, GT3 Touring and GT3 RS). I have spent considerable road and track time in all three and right now, the GTS is my “go to” car. It’s extremely versatile and out on the road is just as quick as the other two. Indeed is some circumstances it is quicker such as out of slow corners, especially if they are uphill.

If I had to pick only one car to live with on a daily basis, it would be the GTS.

IMG_7578.jpg

6 hours ago, donR said:

How does the GTS without RAS go on tight mountain style targa roads? I would think the narrow body 991.2 GT3 with rear axle steering would be more nimble and easier to drive at the limit through the twisties?

The GTS and the GT3 both use the wide-body and both have RAS so both are equally weirdly although the GT3 front end is noticeably sharper.

The RS uses the turbo body which is noticeably wider.

Ok haven't seen many GTS's opted with RAS so I guess it would probably be close to the GT3, particularly on mountain roads where the added torque would assist no doubt. Though I assume the Cup2s on the GT3 would help it pull away.

Maybe the wider turbo body on the RS is not as good through those narrower mountain style roads and less benefit from the aero?